cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding external jar file to dtr project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i've got the following problem, I like to add an external jar to a dtr web dynpro project. I've added the jar already to an external library component and exposed it in the public parts. I added the external library to my web dynpro component and I'm able to see it during design time, but during runtime, I get an error stating that the class (the one from the jar) can't be found. My best guess is that the library component is activated in the dtr, but not deployed. I read on some blogs on SDN, that you can right-click on the library component and click on deploy, but this direct deploying isn't possible here due to internal restrictions. Is there another way to make it work?

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

Definitely you have to deploy your library project to avoid exception during runtime. If you can't do this through the NWDS you can copy sda file (if you successfully built your project) from the gen\default\deploy folder of you library project and deploy it through the RemoteGUI.

Regards

Pavel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

if the your library files are existing in different Development component, you can add the external jars as used Dcs.

Venkat.