Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infocube KeyFigure is not Populating in Planning Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends,

I am working on 4.1 APO.

There is keyFigure with Semantic - 002 - Infocube.

Data is there in the Info Cube but not getting populated in Planning Book.

Proper Setting done in Planning Area and in RSA1.

Pls tell any possible reason.

Thanx

Vishal..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Problem solved with details provided by reportee.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal -- Did you ever solve this problem? I am having the same problem. I can see the data in the infocube (using transaction LISTCUBE) but the data is not populating in the planning book. There is no error message; the data just does not show up in the planning book.

All data in the infocube was loaded from Excel. Some data from the same KF in the infocube does show up in the planning book. This data was entered several months ago. But now, using the same Excel process, the data that is loaded into the infocube appears in the infocube, but does not populate the key figure in the planning book in APO.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A couple of checks:

1. Is the data being loaded into the planning area in the same time range as the planning area initialization?

2. Do you have CVCs created for the data being loaded?

3. If these are still not giving you any solution, then try the transaction "/SAPAPO/TSCUBE". You can manually load the data to Planning area from a cube.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu -- Thanks for the suggestions. All good ideas. I've already checked all these. The time series objects are initialized with the proper time frame (in fact, I deactivated the planning area and then re-initialized the time series), all the CVCs are created, and I also tried TSCUBE but it also was not successful. I also verified that the units of measure match. I also re-activated the update rules in the infocube, but that did not help. It seems as if "something" has changed, perhaps in the cube, because other data previously loaded for the exact same CVC does show up in the planning book. When I look at the data using LISTCUBE, the data that is loading into the planning book looks EXACTLY IDENTICAL to the data that is not loading (only the quantities are different, which is how I can tell which records are loading and which records are not loading).

Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For those who may be watching this thread: The problem has been solved. The problem was that there were several failed infopackages that had been attempted to be uploaded (via flat file from Excel) into the infocube. Apparently, these failed infopackages were somehow interfering with APO's ability to read any subsequent data from the infocube, i.e., APO could not "see" any data in the infocube that had been uploaded to the infocube after the failed infopackages. It seemed similar to the way a problem in the CIF will block all subsequent traffic in the CIF. In any case, after deleting the failed infopackages from the infocube, everything was fine and all data that had been loaded after the failed infopackages was suddenly visible in the planning book in APO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vishal,

There are 2 possibilities

1. The Key figure has been formed using reference of other Key figure. Double click your Key fig and see at the top right hand corner if there is some field mentioned under reference tab? if yes then make a new Key fig without any reference and then load data.

2. If above is not the problem run the load activity in foreground and analyze the error log generated. Based on error log statements I might be able to suggest some other suitable way to achieve the desired results.

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vishal,

What is the data load status for in the infocube. Try this- go to your infocube, rightclick and select manage. Tell me if the request status is green or yellow???

It should be green. Let me know.