cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIR In APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

we in demand planning used to enter demand at 4 series item code i.e. FERT level, Now we also need to enter the demand for sub-assembly (3-Series) as this assemblies get dependenet requirement from FERT item as well as direct requirement from market, We need to club both of the requirements in Demand planing and build a consensus.

Can we have anything transcational so that we can able to enter demand for 3series, such as in SAP R/3 we are able to enter PIRs can we have same thin in APO or we can map samething in APO through addition of characters and Key figures.

Please suggest..

Regards,

Amol Chavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amol -

you can not have the PIR functionality in APO (correct me if i am wrong APO Gurus). in order for you to show a level below the FERT in DP why dont you go ahead and use DP BOM functionality that will help you in working with the 4series as well as 3 series.

hope this helps.

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You Suresh,

Can you elaborate me more on that..

I came across this for the first time..

Thank you in advance.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I am just continuing what Suresh had suggested you.

Dp BOM is nothing the normal Bill Of Materials what you create in PP or PP/DS. For DP BOM scenari, you need to create sales BOM on R/3 side and transfer this BOM ( no routing , product versions are required) as SNP or PPDS PDS/PPM using CFM1. And then use the transaction to /SAPAPO/CURTO_GEN_DP - Generate DP Production Data Structure , and one more important thing is u need to select the DP BOM check box while creating the planning object structure sothat three chars will be added to the list automatically.

And i would suggest you to go through the help.sap.com for more details.

ANd at the end when there is a demand at the fert 4 level the dependant demands will be created for 3 series products and market census you can get it from BW to another key figure and finally you can add these two.

I hope it helps you......

Deepthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amol -

To add on to what deepthi talked about on DP BOM. You can use this functionality to explode the BOM in DP and also to create subsequent dependent demand for level 3 series. you can find some best practises for DP BOM functionality on help.sap.com

hope this helps,

Regards,

Suresh Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You both of you..

Exploring DP BOM will take some time for me, till date i have created 4 Series Material code (FERT) for two 3 Series item codes as BOM and then created CVC for the same 4 series and extended the same material to zone, so that demand can entered to material in planning book.

Will it create any sizing problem or anything which will hamper the system performance.

Thank you in advance..

Amol