cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error"SYSTEM Failure" while testing the RFC in SE37 : RFC to JDBC Scenario

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am doing RFC to JDBC scenario. When I am testing the RFC in SE37 using the RFC destination created in SM59, I get an error "SYSTEM FAILURE".

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Shyam

Edited by: Shyam Sreepada on Dec 18, 2007 5:46 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System failure could be that the funtion module should Remote enabled.

So the functon moudule that you created in T C "SM37"....should remote enabled...

And also test the RFC destination in SM59...............

Try to give more details abt this ............

Reward if helpful

Regards

Sai Ganesh

0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for the reply.

Function Module is Remote enabled. Also I have tested the RFC destination in SM59, it is working fine.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

Shyam

Edited by: Shyam Sreepada on Dec 18, 2007 5:50 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Gaurav.

I called the function module from the program. It works fine, but sometimes I get this error in SM58 - "Commit fault: com.sap.aii.af.rfc.afcommunication.RfcChannelMismatchExcept"

Can anyone please suggest what could be the reason behind this.

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It cannot throw the error more often, can you check the code one more i hope your code is includes commit

Try to run the complete cache refresh. Then deleted and recreated a port Program ID on SM59 (R/3).....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You must run RFC with RFC destination in background mode, I suggest to read following post in order to understand it better.

Syntax would be:

CALL FUNCTION func IN BACKGROUND TASK

[DESTINATION <your RFC destination>]

parameter list

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/8f/53b67ad30be445b0ccc968d69bc6ff/frameset.htm

If you read it you will find that you can't test it directly from SE37, for this either you need to create dummy ABAP program or another RFC where you will call this RFC with background syntax.

Regards,

Gourav

---

Reward points if it helps you

Edited by: Gourav Khare on Dec 18, 2007 6:07 PM

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Can you please check ProgramID everywhere you have provided. it shud be similar everywhere. follow these stepes to configure Sender RFC adapter. /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step

Most important is check for Program ID.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful