cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIApplicationFrame not updating when WD app is executed inside portal iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently working on a proof of concept WD Application which uses a BIApplicationFrame to display webtemplates which are extracted from the BI system using an RFC connection. The FM brings back a list of technical names of the available templates (hopefully in the future the extraction will based on the role of the user). This list populates a drop-down that the user can use to select a report (webtemplate).

There is an action onSelect that updates the BIApplicationFrame and displays the selected template. This works fine when executed as standalone, but when executed via a portal WD iView the update of the BI frame does not work properly. I can see the refresh happening but the template is not switched. I can't find anything in the logs suggesting what the problem might be. Has anyone encountered this before or knows if there is something that needs to be amended? I can imagine this being some setting in the portal but I can't think what that might be.

Update: This seems to work fine when I use the old SAP WebDynpro iview instead of the "new" WebDynpro iview provided with EP7... So this is either a bug or a setting I've missed.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Dion

Edited by: Dionisios Nikopoulos on Dec 18, 2007 4:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Dion,

Have you managed to solve this problem?

I have similar problem with my web dynpro app. and EP7 iview.

Thanks

Ami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ami,

sorry for the late reply, the answer is in my post at the bottom.

Cheers,

Dion