cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: PDF Thumbnails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Am attaching a PDF document i.e getting to the PDF table and creating a new record and attching the PDF. It gets added successfully and am able to view the document also. But the Thumbnail icon shows "No Thumbnail" in the Data Manager. Am clueless on what should be done !

Please pour in your ideas opn this !

Thanks in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I believe the response from Nisha will work so long as you have Photoshop installed.

Tim Schotz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arumugam,

Not positive, but I believe you may need Acrobat Professional to generate the thumbnails.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

as Nisha explained is correct.

follow these:

1. select the records ( for which pdf thumbnails are not displayed ),

right click, from the context menu choose GENERATE THUMBNAILS

2. As in the previous post,

in the configuration options --> display --> thumpnails rather than records

for this you have two options YES and NO.

choose YES.

now you can able to see the thumbnails for the records.

hope this may help you,

regards,

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sometimes, it may be necessary to manually generate the thumbnail of a PDF. For example, MDM will not have generated the thumbnail if the PDF was imported into the repository through the MDM APIs, or if Acrobat wasn’t properly loaded on the system when the PDF was first imported.

You can quickly locate all of the PDFs whose thumbnail needs to be generated by sorting on the PDF column in the Records pane and selecting records with the No Thumbnail icon.

Procedure:

To manually generate the thumbnail for one or more PDFs:

1)In the Records pane, select the PDF record(s) whose thumbnails you want to generate.

2.)Right-click on one of the records and choose Generate Thumbnail from the context menu, or choose Objects -> Generate Thumbnail from the main menu.

MDM opens the Generating Thumbnails progress dialog to indicate the status as it generates the thumbnail for each of the PDFs.

Please reward points if helpful

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In Data manager:

go to Configuration options ---> Display --> Thumbnails rather than objects in the records pane option

for this you have to options: 1. yes 2. No

check your entry there and select YES there.

hope this may help you,

Regards,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Thanks ! but i treied this and i still face the same problem.