cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling and Retaining Action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello WebDynpro Experts,

My Doubt is regarding Cancelling of a action if it fails my validations and shall retain back if values were corrected.

My View looks like this.

A Tabstrip with 2 Tabs..

First Tab contains 2 toggle buttons..

Second Tab ...Bla bla...

When I Press first Tab's - First Toggle button

A Table appears which can be editable in which I have 2 i/p fields Starttime & Endtime. When I enter Invalid data ( even though in correct format of TIMS) into those and click on another Toggle button or try to navigate to another tab it should stop me doing that.

And if I change it to correct values it should enable me to do all the possible nagitaions b/n tabs and Toggle buttons.

Please give me your comments/Suggestions here.

Thanks in Advance.

Kishore KR.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kishore.......

one solution for you:

when you create the tabstrip and insert the tab, there is a option for visibility. boutnd that to an attribute of typr wdui_visibility for tab 2.

so only when the correct values are given in tab1 , make it visible nor let it be invisible.

---regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply.

But my problem is not with visibility but with Actions.

All I want is to stop the user from navigating to other Tab's screen or another Toggle button's screen whenever he enters wrong time in the Start/Endtime for the First Tab's First Toggle button screen (Table as I already wrote).

Regards,

Kishore KR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kishore.....

before writing the coding for calling the next tab... just check for the values if it is not true then call back the same view once again....

anyway the values will be present in the context ... so that also will be visible.

---regards,

alex b justin