Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet application to SAP

former_member203627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an project which needs to be executed . Everything will be on web internet and the data needs to be stored in SAP as backend and will be extracting data as and when required.

Can anyone suggest me what can be the best approach.

Can I use simple RFC connection to web application, write Java connector inweb side and then call RFC. Does it have any performnace issues.

Secondly, if I want to use XI 3.0 for the same then what can be the advandage of using XI 3.0, I hope there won't be any performance issue if no then please let me know. In case I use XI 3.0 then which all adapters or proxies i should use.

Other than these two approaches is there any other approach exists.

I would appriciate if anyone can share there experiences and can share any of the documents on the approaches.

Regards

Ria

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ria,

I have an project which needs to be executed . Everything will be on web internet and the data needs to be stored in SAP as backend and will be extracting data as and when required.

Answer: Well..as per you senario,you have to install Enterprise Portal(EP)6.0 version with latest patch # 13.

After installing EP,from EP you can connect to the backend systems like SAP R/3.

Then all can be on the web only.

Secondly, if I want to use XI 3.0 for the same then what can be the advandage of using XI 3.0, I hope there won't be any performance issue if no then please let me know. In case I use XI 3.0 then which all adapters or proxies i should use.

Answer: XI is used for integrating R/3 and non-sap products.

I would recommend first you install EP and then think about XI.Go step by step.

Reply back.

Rgs

vikas

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just for webenabling SAP reporting/transactions you dont need EP if you are on SAP WAS 6.20 and above.

WAS is http enabled, meaning from the browser you can directly talk to back end.

you could use BSP Business server pages, it wokrs on the same logic as JSP / ASP

in BSP the backend script will be in ABAP.

If you have multiple SAP systems, and integration, single platform to connect to all system, then EP would make sense.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your reply. I got to now it's not internet but it's Interanet.

We will be having login screen then vendor number on that screen and all this should be on intranet not on internet.

And then followed by this login screen will have 6-7 more screens and in between I might have to go back to SAP screen after login on to SAP. I think this can be achieved by BSP. I am new to this BSP can you please let me know if this is workable on 4.5B version or not.

Need your quick reply on this.

Regards

Ria