cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can i download the visual composer SDK?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does any body knows, Where can i download the visual composer SDK?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

as of now, Visual Composer SDK is available only internally, and it will <b>not</b> be publicly available with the upcoming release of VC for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1.

Regards,

Anne Tarnoruder

Knowledge Management & Enablement

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there,

can you send me the link via internal email

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi benni,

any updates for the netweaver ce visual composer. let me know

thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could neither find the Visual Composer Development Kit (SDK) nor documentation about it. Can somebody tell me how to get this VC Developer Kit and where to find more information on it?

Although this thread is quite old, I hope someone will reply.

Thanks in advance,

Benni

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Benni,

Please let me know the NetWeaver Portal version where you want to intall the Visual Composer

Cheers, Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

wow, that was a fast reply!

We run NW 2004s with EP 7.0 which is already installed. However, I thought the VC Developer Kit is a client side application?

Best regards,

Benni

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Benni,

I was online

On your current version (2004s) no additional installation is required, you have to model and work directly on the Visual Composer Storyboard.

That means no local installation or DK, just go to your NW Application Server and start to modeling.

This make your development life more easy and effective, cause no special tools are required and all the modelers have all the tools in the same box, also the risk of overwritte do not exist (that could happen with NWDI)

Hope this clarify your doubts,

Kind Regards, Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

okay, there was a major misunderstanding here, I 'm sorry.

I am already developing models with VC in storyboard, deploying and using them. Lately, I got some very limited information on the existance of a VC Development Kit. With the help of this Kit - I was told - access to the Visual Composer rendering engine and much more should be possible.

I need this in order to build an adaptor to 3rd party software.

So what is this 'misterious' Visual Composer Development Kit all about and where to find it?

Best regards,

Benni

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Benni

Just to be sure, are you talking about NW Composition Environment (CE) ?

Details <a href="http://www.sap.com/company/press/press.epx?pressID=6705">here</a>

If so i can go on answering you, if not just let me know and i'll ask my colleagues in the Labs.

Regards, Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

if the NW CE enables me to get deeper into the core of applications built with Visual Composer, it will be exactly what I need and I would like to know how to obtain that piece of software.

What I need is access to the Visual Composer rendering engine, to obtain the xml-stream of my vc-application running in portal. (I cannot deploy the application to WebDynpro and get the xml-stream by adding sap-wd-client=XmlClient, as Visual Composer can only use web services as data sources, when deploying to WebDynpro.)

Thanks so much already for your help,

Benni

lanzlf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Benni,

Yes the NW CE will include the Freestyle Visual Composer, that is exactly what you're looking for....... (up to now is called NW VC Convergence, but i'm not sure which will be the final name)

Unfortunately this is not released yet, however i recommend you to contact your SAP Sales representative (SAP Deutschland) for further information about release date and maybe ramp-up options.

Hope this helps.

Ciao, Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Luis,

I will definitely follow your advice and do that. Thanks a lot!!!

Best regards,

Benni

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wanted to try using VC SDK myself and following is my understanding. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

The prerequisites for VC SDK are J2EE Engine 7.1 and VC Server 7.1 which are part of Netweaver 2004s. 2004s is available for ramp up customers in Oct.

So ideally you cann't use VC SDK unless you have the above.

you can read more about VC SDK at https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d850d730-0601-0010-2587-b77...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

No you need not wait till J2EE 7.1 version,Have a look at this URL, we worked with VC using WAS 6.4 itself.

Additionally look in to this pdf.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/ep/visualcomposer/... composer installation guide.pdf

hope it helped you,

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RK,

I agree with you that you can install and work with VC without J2EE 7.1, but I think the question is about using VC SDK (Visual Composer Software Developer Kit) with not available with the current version of VC i.e 6

Regards,

Smitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to develop Visual Composer

Go to http://service.sap.com/patches -> Entry by Application Group -> SAP Net Weaver -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP NETWEAVER 04

Refer this installation guide

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/ep/visualcomposer/... composer installation guide.pdf

Below thread may help you

Regards,

RK