"Expression must not return a multiline value

Activated correlation Correlation is not used in any subsequent step "

can someone plzzzzzzzz guide me quickly plzzzzzzzz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Please check if you have set the checkbox for Multiline indicator or not.

An XPath expression is multiline if it returns a list. If the relevant checkbox has been selected, the evaluation of the expression will take into account that it is a list (and not a single value).

The condition <Expression>=a is interpreted differently, depending on whether <Expression> is a single or multiline expression:

1.<Expression>is a simple expression: <Expression> is equal to a

2.<Expression>is a multiline expression: <Expression> is a list that contains the value a

for further information please chek the following link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/ab/13bf7191e73a4fb3560e767a2525fd/content.htm

Please check some more exmaples at :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/df9cc490-0201-0010-54b7-b29...

*Pls: Reward points if helpful*

Regards,

Jyoti

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

>> Expression must not return a multiline value

This error occurs when you try to put multiple values at same time in single line container.If you need to do the same then try checking Multiline checkbox in container properties.

>> Activated correlation Correlation is not used in any subsequent step

Basically we use correlation when we need to make single message from multiple source messages,Correlation describes the relation between source messages,e.g when we need to create single target message from two IDocs matmas and cremas then in correlation we declare common field of both IDocs (Plant in this case) which is then used in transformation step for n:1 mapping.Check whether your transformation step is proper.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Please tell ur scenario elaborately.

I guess u r collecting some messages.For that u have defined correlation.But the error message is telling u haven't used it anywhere.So will suggest u to check the Correaltion and also check ur container variables.

Regards

Biplab

GabrielSagaya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As it clearly states, some STEP type has been assigned a Multiline container element and it does not allowe a multline container Element.

Check the Variable assigned for each of the Step Types.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

i guess you use a transformation step. The transformationen points to a multi-mapping.

multima--ing means: either you have multiple source message or you have multiple target message.

So in BPM you have to create a container element taht has the same message-interfrace as the mapping you use. For this container element you have to check the box multiline.

For a better understanding I suzggest to have a look in SWC: SAP BASIS, which is delivered by SAP. You will find this in your integration repository. The is a sample BPM where multimapping is used.

Regards Mario