cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error handling Techniques:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts , I have certain queries like:-

1) I know that an Alert Category can be created with system fields for Message ID, Sender Service/Receiver Service, Sender/Receiver Namespace, Sender/Receiver Interface, Error code, Error Category etc. Other customized fields can also be created. My question is if we create custom fields in the alert category where or how will those custom fields are populated. Will it be populated in IR or somewhere else?

2) Mail Adapter is another way to send e-mails using UDF. So I guess, we can create the message and send it via mail adapter in the catch block of the UDF or something like that. How is it done?

3)Can a common error structure (created like ExchangeFaultData) be filled up in a UDF and then if it can be sent via email (may be again using Mail Adapter). If Yes how is it done?

Would appreciate your valuable inputs!

Regards

Saras

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saras,

1.Generally the alerts are populated in CCMS Monitor Ser using transaction /nrz20.

for further information have a look upon

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/0b4580be-0601-0010-d3ad-bd6ce51a...

2.For configure the alerts and then to send Email, Follow Michal's blog,

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

1. Assign the Mail Id to the recipient of the alert in SU01.

2. Log on to the Alert inbox --> personalization --> Time Independent Deliver y --> Email.

3. Ask your BASIS team to configure SCOT for your Mail Server,.

Also configuration required to send alerts on email and SMS Add the following Roles to ur user:

the roles reuired to access the RWB are:

1. SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER

2. SAP_XI_RWB_SERV_USER_MAIN

The roles for the Alert Management are:

1. SAP_ALM_ADMINISTRATOR

2. SAP_ALM_CUSTOMIZER

3. SAP_BC_ALM_ALERT_USER

Follow the steps :-

1.Maintain alert category.(T code-ALRTCATDEF)

2.Define a container that contains application-specific attributes.

3.Maintain texts for the alert category.

4.Define follow-on activities as hyperlinks/URLs.

5.Define application-specific conditions

6.Specify how recipients are defined.

7.Specify how triggering is implemented.

1.Open the RTWB in SAP XI

2.Open Alert Configuration in RTWB

3.Update the Alert Categories Tables.

4.Select the Alert From the Table.

5.Add a rule in Table

6.Specify the conditions on which u want the alert to be defined ie interface, namespace, service, party etc

7.Open AlertInbox.

I hope it will help you.

*Pls: Reward points if helpful*

Regards,

Jyoti

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Saras,

1) I know that an Alert Category can be created with system fields for Message ID, Sender Service/Receiver Service, Sender/Receiver Namespace, Sender/Receiver Interface, Error code, Error Category etc. Other customized fields can also be created. My question is if we create custom fields in the alert category where or how will those custom fields are populated. Will it be populated in IR or somewhere else?

A)For raising an alert you need to first configure the alert please follow the below weblog written by Michal Krawczyk

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/09/xi-alerts--step-by-step

Configuration steps are: go to transaction ALRTCATDEF

1) Define Alert Category

2) Create container elements which are used for holding an error messages.

3) Recipient Determination.

NOw now the alert can be sent to individuals or group of people through email,sms etc for that you need to configure the Recipient Determination so no need to use the mail adapter.

Alert can be triggered in different ways.

1) Triggering by Calling a Function Module Directly.

/people/bhavesh.kantilal/blog/2006/07/25/triggering-xi-alerts-from-a-user-defined-function

2) Triggering by Calling a Function Module in the Workplace Plug-In.

3) Triggering with an Event Linkage.

4) Triggering with the Post Processing Framework (PPF) or Message Control (MC)

5) Triggering from a Workflow.

6) Triggering from CCMS with autoreaction.

7) Triggering from BPM.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/13/alerts-with-variables-from-the-messages-payload-xi--updated

/people/community.user/blog/2006/10/16/simple-steps-to-get-descriptive-alerts-from-bpm-in-xi

😎 Triggering alert by configuring a rule from RWB: This is used for sending the mapping and adapter related errors.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/56/d5b54020c6792ae10000000a155106/content.htm

Thanks and Regards,

Chirag Gohil