cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ws-Addressing info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is meant by Ws-Addressing and what is the use of it?

Regards

Sara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

The WS-Addressing specification defines a standard for incorporating message addressing information into web services messages. WS-Addressing provides a uniform addressing method for SOAP messages traveling over synchronous and/or asynchronous transports. Additionally, it provides addressing features to help web service developers build applications around a variety of messaging patterns beyond the typical exchange of requests and responses. This article introduces WS-Addressing, describes its components, and explores its potential value for developers.

The web services specifications known as WS-* are primarily the result of work by major technology vendors such as Microsoft, Sun, BEA, IBM, and SAP. Some of these specifications, including WS-Addressing, are being developed under the umbrella of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).

but i am afraid that,Currently SAP XI doesn't support the WS-RM and WS-Addressing Standards,but its pronounced to have WS-RM in the next Version 7.1 of SAP PI.

See here:

/people/udo.paltzer/blog/2007/04/26/new-sap-netweaver-process-integration-release-planned-for-2007

As WS-RM requires WS-Addressing, there must be some support somehow, but

maybe better ask in the mentioned blog.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

PS : reward points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara.

The WS-Addressing is a metadata insert in the HEADER section of a WS.

In this section we can indicate the end point instead of using it in the HTTP address.

The dispatcher can read this information and it can send the SOAP message to the real end point.

If you want you can refer to this link: [http://www.w3.org/Submission/ws-addressing/]

Bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any points for the same? May I know which forum can give answer for my query?

Regards

Sara