cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message Mapping - Turn Off dtd validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know how to turn off dtd validation in a message map.

The source message type is based on dtd. When testing, I get the following error

java.io.IOException: Failed to load resource from the context classloader of the current thread! Loading from classloader was caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: D:\usr\sap\XYZ\DVEBMGS01\j2ee\cluster\server0\abc.dtd (The system cannot find the file specified)

I understand that the map requires the dtd to be present in the application folder. But, can I change some setting not to look up this file.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE MessageContainer SYSTEM "abc.dtd">

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

I am facing the same problem. Please let me know how did you solved the issue.

Thanks!!

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay ,

normally XI does not validate against dtd.

How did you achieve this?

Regards Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure. But, there is no namespace for the messagetype. May be something to do with that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can find a filed for namespace in message type screen

in XSD of oyur message type do you find the DTD in it. Did you import the xsd or create your own data type and message type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Namesapce was intentionally removed. We do not want to use the namespace as the result from the message map would have xml tags with name space included.

The messagetype is based on a user created datatype.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

this means you had created a data type and message type. removing namespace in message type shouldn't cause any error. do you get the DTD in the xsd of data type and message type...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Arvind. Not able to understand your question.

The problem we are facing is, when the input xml file contains DocType declaration with reference to a dtd, we get an error stating the dtd is not found in the j2ee application folder.

It works fine if the dtd is saved in the location. Also, it works fine if the DocType declaration is removed from the xml file. However, we are exploring an option where declaration is used but dtd is not available.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks!