cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QM in Repetetive manufacturing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru's,

I have maintained inspection type 13 for in process inpection for repetitive manufacturing. Guys, please tell me where the inpection lot is created because there is no concept of confirmation, only backflushing. Thanks in advance and due points will be rewarded.

Cheers

Jag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In repetitive manufacturing confirmation is doing by backflushing tcode MFBF.

GI backflush at GR posting. That you can check in SPRO> Repetitive manufacturing> Define Repetitive manufacturing profile

After doing MFBF the inspection lot will be create. That you can check in MD04.

For result recording & usage decision you can use QA32.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dharma,

So, a inspection lot will be created once it is backflushed. But inspection type 13 says IN PROCESS INSPECTION for repetitive manufacturing, i want to know how the inspection lot is created in production. If I assign the MICs in rate routing and production version as normal in process inspection, will it work for repetitive manufacturing and where the inpection lot is created.

Edited by: jags on Dec 18, 2007 5:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jags,

Inspection lot will not be created in production,It will be created in QM only

First of all you should maintain the setting in the quality view of the material master-inspection setup-13

Then as said by you maintain with MIC in rate routing with appropriate control key(QM01)

Upon the confirmation of previous operation the inspection lot will be created,which you can veiw in QA32

Hope this is useful

Revert back if you have any further queries

Reward points if useful

Regards,

SVP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SVP,

if you maintain the inspection type 03( In process inpection for a production order), a inspection lot is created once you do a operation wise confirmation in CO11n. Correct me if i am wrong, a inspection lot is created once the operation is confirmed. I want to know whether the same i.e. creating a inspection lot in the middle of manufacturing process in repetitive manufacturing can be done using inspection type 13.

Cheers,

jags

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you activate ins type 13 for a material in material master when you do confirmation inspection lot will be create.That you can check in MD04.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jags,

It can be done,Inspection type 13 is available in std SAP for REM only to serve tht purpose,You can try on your own n confirm

Regards.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jags,

in case of discrete mfg.,insp type 03, the moment you release the production or process order, insp lot with insp type 03 is created.

But in case of REM, there will not be the production or process order so you have to go to Tcode MFPR and create the insp lot with insp type 13.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

I dont think one need to create an inpsection lot manually,Once insp setup-13 is maintained in the QM view of the material master, for that RSQ(Run Schedule Quantity) inpsection lot will get automatically created upon confirmation of previous operation in the Rate routing

Confirm the understanding

Regards,

SVP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.SVP,

do you mean to say that there will be lot creation at operation level?

I mean for each operation in Routing there will be lot generation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.Sandip,

i agree with your second statement

Regards....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.SVP,

i have not given any statement.

I asked you a question and in second line i explain it in detail.

So again i ask is it so that for each operation there will be lot generation?

If yes, how it will be?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandip,

I think inspection lot will be created for production version & not for the operations,i doubt whether it can be done at operation level,Will have to work n check

regards,

SVP

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a query about lot size.

i guess system is taking lot size from prdn version which is always constant.

but actually my lot size may be varying.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jag..,

when you use inspection type 13 (In-Process Insp. for Run Schedule Header) you required to give some more data in your rate routing in the header level maintain inspection point and for operation level give the time based or weight based to created inspection lot in inspection point tab.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

jags

You can check the inspection lot in QA32

Here you enter the Insp.lot origin as 13 ,enter plant & date details

Under List setting

select -Only inspection lots without a usage decision

Here you can do result recording & usage decision

Hope this is useful

Revert back if you have any further queries

Reward points if useful