cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to integrate WebDynpro for ABAP application with SAPEnterprisePortal7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi WebDynpro for ABAP Experts,

We developed an WebDynpro for ABAP application on R/3, and now we are planning to show this as an iview on SAP Portal EP7.0 (SAP j2EE Engine--Java stack). is it possible to integrate this application with portal?

If so can you proviode me the way how can we achieve this?

ADV Thanks

Regards

Phani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

see the [documentation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/42/f81cfe63291bc9e10000000a11466f/frameset.htm]

Regards, Heidi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your namespace for the sap supplied webdynpros would be sap

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi phani........

in the portal.... first of all you need to create a backend system alias that will call your ecc6. then you have the option of creating an iview. in that mention the iview as a webdynpro for abap iview. now you can mention your application name and it will be automatically called.

---regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your response.

I already created the system object R/3 Backend.

Actually some WebDynpro java applications/iViews are currently running on Portal. and the developers developed these in NWDS and deployed the .sca files on the Portal server and we created Webdynpro for java iViews.

but now the requirement is creation of webDynpro for ABAP views.

The developers developed WebDynpro for ABAP on the R/3 system. So what are the parameter values we need to give at teh time of creation of WebDynpro for ABAP iview like the Namespace, Application name etc which are mandatory values and how the Portal server detects the application, this means no need to deploy the application on the Portal server?

Shall we need to maintain any JCo Destinations or not?

Pl share your ideas.

ADV Thanks

Regards

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi phani......

with respect to webdynpro abap you need not implement it in the portal...

all you have to do is create a backend system.

when the web dynpro abap iview is created it will ask for the backend system and you just mention the created system name.

then it will ask for the application name and you just mention the web dynpro application.

that will do.

---regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I did the same but I strucked at giving the values for Namespace.

Can you advise me what values we need to give for Namespace and WebDynpro client?

Regards

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi phani......

the webdynpro client is the client in which the application is present. say 100 or 200,..... the namesapce, i think is the domain name... try it out.

---regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi phani.....

this link is for webdynpro java:

[webdynpro iview|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2c/00584289e59041e10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

---regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi phani....

just now checked... with respect to webdynpro abap, the namesapce is the package name of the application.

---regards,

alex b justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

Today I tried with the namespace value by giving the URL which is generated in R3 for this WebDynpro application.

Now I am able to see the application through the iView.

Thanks all for your Help

Regards

Phani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The URL which I given is for WebDynpro application generated in R3 DEV server. The issue here is when I transport the same iview to QA and PROD then again I have to change the URL accoring to the QA and PROD server. so is there any alternative solution to fix this by giving an common value to namespace in the iView which will work in all DEV,QA and in PROD portal server?

Regards

Phani