cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FPM and Work Protect Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Need your help with an issue I am facing.

I need to implement Work Protection in a custom ESS appl. I read in the forum/ help that FPM itself manages WorkProtection/ Confirm Loss-of-Work for ESS applications.

However, It doesn't prompt for 'saving' data in my case. I am not able to figure out a way to incorporate it?

Any idea how to implement it? I did go through the FPMComponent in xsfpm dc. But, am not sure how to implement it in my application.

Thanks in advance.

Anjana R.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl refer Note: 906187

With SAP NetWeaver '04 Stack 09, there are some restrictions using the work-protect mode within a Web Dynpro Java application:

• The work-protect mode works only for the Web Dynpro HTML Client. All other (rich) clients do not support the work-protect mode.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a891e490-0201-0010-fb99-b7e4f5dd...

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ayyapparaj, Thanks.

I am on NW04 SP 21. And Work Protect Mode works on the standard ESS applications.

I am not sure how to implement work protection in my application or how to trigger the Standard Work Protect confirmation dialog window.

I created a custom Confirmation window, but the client wants it to be consistent with the standard Work Protect Pop Up.

I did set the isDirty to true and turned on the "Prompt to save work" option on Portal. But, still doesnt work.

Could you please help me with this?

Anjana R.

Edited by: Anjana Raghav on Dec 20, 2007 7:42 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anyone, Any suggestions?

This is my scenario.

I have custom ESS appl. having a page consisting of multiple views, and on any User Action, I will check if the data on the page has changed. If Yes, I need to prompt the user to choose if he would like to save the changes or discard them.

For this, I need to invoke the SAP default Work Protect Pop Up....

I am not sure if I have understood the working of Work Protect Mode fully.....Could you please help me with this?

Thanks,

Anjana R.

Answers (0)