cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy Web Dynpro Applications to QA/Prod from Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to Web Dynpro and I am doing deployment for the first time.

What is the procedure to transport Web dynpro applications to QA/Prod from Dev.

I have done development so far and deployed it to Dev system. I have created IViews and am able to use it successully inside Dev portal.

Some basic questions -

I have created my RFC model based on BAPI's in Dev system. The same BAPI's will also exist in QA system.

I am used to Java/.NET application development. When application is deployed to different environment the connection string changes to point to the new environment.

When Web Dynpro app is deployed do we have to change any settings to point to the new system?

Are there any links/ documents that explains the transport process for web dynpro application.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) I have created my RFC model based on BAPI's in Dev system. The same BAPI's will also exist in QA system.

For this BAPIS to exists to the QA and PROD they need to be transported. Use SE09 from the ABAP stack.

2)I am used to Java/.NET application development. When application is deployed to different environment the connection string changes to point to the new environment

Similarly you need to create the JCO's which you are using in the DEV on both the QA and PROD systems.

3)When Web Dynpro app is deployed do we have to change any settings to point to the new system?

You have to make an PAR(portal archive of the changes you have made in content administrator) so that once this is deployed in QA and PROD you will be able to see your Ivews and Workcenters.

Regards

Ayyapparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ayyaparaj,

That was very clear explanation. I forgot JCo piece that relates to connection string. This should help me move with transport.

Praveen,

I will try the SDM approach. Our basis administrators are new to portal, is there any documentation that tells how to upload .ear files using SDM.

Thank you both for your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If you are not using NWDI, right click on project and click deploy option or select your application right click select deployasnewarchiveandnrun. Before this you need configure Dev system(What ever the system you want deploy) in your NWDS. For this go to windows->preferences->j2eeengine. There if you are working on Local select local option otherwise select remote option and give message server details. You can ask basis for these details. If you are using NWDI you don't need to do above stuff. Let me know if you need more info.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using NWDS for web dynpro development. I am already deploying it to Dev from NWDS by setting the properties in Preferences.

My question is not to DEV but QA. Is it the same process. The model is created based on RFC on connection to Dev, when deployed to QA does it work if the Function Modules (BAPI's) are in QA or any other settings need to be changed.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

You can deploy webdynpro file into any system in the same way.You don't need to modify anything. If it is a custom BAPI, first move ABAP transport. But better way to deploy into prod system is give ear file to transport team, they will deploy using SDM.

Generaly in dev system we will deploy from ANDS for test purpose. To deploy into other systems use SDM, you can use your ANDS but not a neat way of transport.

Regards

Praveen