Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System User maintaence

Former Member
0 Kudos

I f I have a system user, How do I maintain it ? If the user is locked by Admin ? how can it be unlocked?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use SU01 to maintain or unlock as you would with any other user - via the lock icon in the SU01 main screen.

If the user has been locked by an admin you may want to find out why it has been locked first.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use SU01 to maintain or unlock as you would with any other user - via the lock icon in the SU01 main screen.

If the user has been locked by an admin you may want to find out why it has been locked first.

0 Kudos

Alex, if its a SYSTEM USER...do we need to reset the PWD ?

0 Kudos

Not personally being privvy to your implementation, only you can answer that one!

If the user is locked then the chances are that it's not being used for anything mission critical at the moment (though that doesn't 100% mean that it's not). If you want to use the ID again and don't know the password then you may want to reset it.

If it's being used for RFC connections (for example) and the password is entered into the connection then you will need to change it there too.

0 Kudos

You are on target. Its not mission critical as its onthe QAS.

However Neither is it used on the RFC. this boils down to the fact that All thats to be done is ' unlock"using the lock icon..leave the PWD aside.

0 Kudos

No One does not need toreset the PWD upuntil its an RFC user !

Thanks Alex !

0 Kudos

>

> You are on target. Its not mission critical as its onthe QAS.

QAS systems can be "mission critical" for testing, so ideally the access should be the same as in production, and additionally for activating QA steps of transports to production.

Call transaction STMS, select system_overview, place your cursor on the QAS system, click on the "hat" icon, go to QA Approval and then open the menu (Help => Application help).

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks !! Julius !!