Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Material Data step-by-step instructions

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using SAP MDM 5.5.24.06 and trying to import Material data (XML / Idoc format) that was extracted from R/3 using Transaction MDM_CLNT_EXTR.

I used MATMAS.MATMAS04.xsd schema and selected MATMAS04_R3 mapping but MDM IM returned errors for bunch fields and not able to import data.

Has anybody been successful in importing R/3 data into MDM?

Would you please share the deail steps that (with configuration values entered/selected, field/data mappings ) need to be follow in Import Manager or in MDM Console component?

Thanks,

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abhay,

I started doing it, however due to Tech Ed Vienna, I have not completed the same.

However, if you are using the transaction MDM_CLNT_EXTR I remember it will throw out an IDOC type of MDM_RECEIPT (not sure of the spelling).

So, your MATMAST04 XSD , I don'think it will work. However I am not sure, You will have to check it out.

Regards,

Ravi

former_member192347
Participant
0 Kudos

Ravi,

You are at right place (TechEd) to find the answers for these critical problems. SAP engineers must be aware of correct steps to import R/3 data.

Were you able to import Customer, Vendor or Employee data from R/3 if not Material?

Thanks,

Abhay