cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI development transport redeploy?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are experiencing a very strange problem with our track development on NWDI. We have 3 runtime systems, a dev, cons and test system. We are developing on the dev system our DCs and this works so far without any problems.

The problem comes when we make a transport to the consolidation system and try to import our DCs there. What happens is that NWDI returns a success message back, but the SDM deployment of the packages is not successfully completed.

This results in the situation, that are DCs are not anymore visible in the consolidation tab, because they are marked as successfully imported, which as I explained is not the case.

Now the question is: How can we bring those DCs back to try and import them again? Something like a redeployment that is started from the NWDI.

A dummy solution is just to change in every DC something, create an activity for it. Check it in and then release it...but I really hope it's not the only possible solution...

Help is appreciated and of course with points rewarded.

Best regards,

Gereon Quast

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Problem you are facing is you made some changes and activated them but deployment part is failing. So first thing check SDM is up and running. Also check is there any active session is running, if so kill SDM active one and reactivate you activities. You don't need to recreate activities, if it is activated and deploy fails you should see them in activation view.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malyala,

SDM is surely not the problem. As I previously mentioned we are getting a success back from the NWDI Deployment Log. However due to some other reasons (e.g. not started CAF services) the actual deployment fails. This leads to our activies being transported to the next tab for assembly.

The question is...how do we get the activities back in the Consolidation tab.

Reactivation is not an option, because the activities are not visible in the NWDS anymore....

Greetings,

Gereon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To bring back the activities in the import queue,

In the 'Consolidation' Tab, select 'History' and choose the right option from the dropdown for 'Time Frame for History'.

The activities will get listed in the table below. Select the relevant activities and click 'Back to Import Queue' button. The selected activities will be placed in the import queue again.

Note : As you said the deployment is not happening, check whether 'Disable automatic Deployment' is unchecked under the Landscape Configurator for the relevant Runtime system.

Hope this helps !

Regards

Srinivasan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinivasan t,

Ok. The solution is not exactly what you proposed, but led us to the right path.

The real solution is that you navigate to the History of the Consolidation Tab, select your activities there and then the button you have to click is not BACK TO IMPORT QUEUE, because this is just a navigation button, but an icon button positioned at the right hand side of the table with a tooltip : ADD SELECTED COMPONENTS TO IMPORT QUEUE.

Hope it helps to other people having the same problem.

So I hope you agree..you get 6 points:)

best regards,

Gereon

Edited by: Gereon Quast on Dec 18, 2007 10:23 AM

Edited by: Gereon Quast on Dec 18, 2007 10:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes...that was what I intended to name.

sorry for not mentioning the right button !

Regards

Srinivasan T