cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify XSS/ESS components in JDI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to import the XSS DC (DC's of ESS, MSS, PCUI) in my NWDS. I installed & Configured JDI for this.

I have installed the ESS , MSS, & PCUI components through SDM and everythin was succesfull.

I was following the doc provided in note 872892.

But while creating Track and Adding Software conpoments, i am not able to see SAP_ESS under sap.com.

Please help me and let me what more needs to be done to get SAP_ESS in the SC's dropdown??

Please help to solve my problem...

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183805
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

Are you able to see this Software Component (SAP_ESS) in the SLD ? If not, then import the latest SAP delivered content into the SLD.

If this SC is visible in SLD, then you need to trigger the "Update CMS" operation from the CMS Landscape Configurator (in the "Track Data" tab). This operation will sync the necessary contents from SLD and make it available to CMS.

Regards,

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar,

Thanx for the reply.

I am not able to see SAP_ESS in Software Catalogue -> Products & SAP_ESS in Software Catalogue -> Software components.

But i am able to see it in Technical Landscape -> Technical System Type= Web AS Java -> Installed Software Components.

Please let me know what is wrong?

How to get SAP_ESS in Software Catalogue?

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I feel if its in the installed software components of some technical systems then it should be present in the software catalog -> software components.

I was able to find out the software component under the products SAP ECC 5.0 and under SAP ERP 2004.

Just incase you are still not able to find it as Manohar has pointed out you will have to import the content again.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I am not getting the products SAP ECC 5.0 and SAP ERP 2004.

Seems that there is something missing.

I will have to import the contents again.

But one more info is that i opeaned the SDM and i checked the SDM repository, i am able to see SAP ESS, SAP MSS under the SapJ2EEEngine tree but not under FileSzstem tree. I hope this is correct.

Now can you help me from start. What content should i install? Which components? Should i deploy through SDM simply or do i have to do something else?

I need to modify XSS 7.0..

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

Message was edited by: Gaurav Gandhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I undeployed the MSS Components from SDM, restarted the server , deployed the MSS Components back through SDM and again restarted the server but still i am not able to view SAP_ESS & SAP_MSS in software catalogue.

Please help me..Is it that the ESS, MSS components (sca) which i need to deploy through SDM are diff that the normal one which we get from Service.sap or it might be that the sca are not having the source code or there is something else which needs to be done after deployment...?

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

In my opinion you will have to re-import the CIM content into the SLD. This is done during the SLD configuration.

The import of content is done using in the Administration Link. There you will find a link for Import.

The content is available at service market.

http://service.sap.com/download

Download -> Support Packages and Patches -> Entry by Application Group -> Additional Components -> SAP Master Data for SLD.

From here you can download the latest content and import into SLD.

If you have any doubts on how to import please refer to the SLD Guide. This is availlable when you click the Help link on the SLD main page.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thanx for the reply.

I tried re-importing the CIM Content. I followed the link and from there downloaded cimsap14_xxx and imported it.

But not much success.

Anyways iam now also following the steps mentioned by Phani in

Hope to solve the problem with the support of u guys.

This seems to be a tough job (when i read the cookbook, i though it to be very simple).

Will reply here again in i get any problems.

Please let me know if i can contact you by some other means (phone or email) so i can quicly solve my problem. Where are u located?

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

Message was edited by: Gaurav Gandhi

0 Kudos

Hi Guarav,

You also have to import the CRContent*.zip file. Incase you have already imported this once you will find the CR Content Delta files. You can download these files and then import the same.

Hope this helps

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Right now, i am applying the zip's downloaded form service.sap. i wil also be performing a complete check for my JDI server and configure whatever configuration is missing. Then i will move forward to the ESS Tracks.

If i get any problem, i will post it here.

Thanx a lot for your help..

Regards

Gaurav Gandhi

0 Kudos

Hi Guarav,

Keep us posted.

Regards

Sidharth

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos