Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP XI scenario, ambiguity in Abstract Message Interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum,

I have a SOAP client(synchronous)--->XI scenario,

let me describe the scenario,

Step1. SOAP client sends a SOAP request to the BPM in XI, using a synchronous receive step (Abstract synchronous MI),

Step 2. in BPM, it does some transformation

Step 3. the response of the step 2, is then sent as the response for the SOAP client request, using a Synchronous send (sync async bridge maintained),

Step 4. i use the abstract Synchronous MI (for the SOAP client to send request), to create a WSDL, and use it in ALTOVA to create SOAP request automatically,

now the problem is, In integration builder, Design,.........

when i make the abstract Synchronous MI (for the SOAP client to send request), i use 2 message types RequestMessage (output message) and ResponseMessage (input message), ******sounds bit oppsosite ..but it is like that only......but the source of ambiguity

but when i create the WSDL using the web service creation tool, in integration builder, Configuration, ....... the WSDL is bit unexpected, it shows input as ResponeMessage and output as RequestMessage....hmm.....as such i cant use that WSDL in any tool like altova to create the SOAP request automatically....

****the source of all ambiguity is....in the screen for creating the Message interface (as Synchronous abstract/outboud), we give OUTPUT MESSAGE as the input message type and vice versa...

do u agree.......

am i wrong?

in that case how can i make a correct WSDL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let us discuss point by point.

You are doing a scenario SOAP to XI with no end point on the other side. Means you are using XI as the end point for simulating. This is my assumption.

Step1. SOAP client sends a SOAP request to the BPM in XI, using a synchronous receive step (Abstract synchronous MI),

Ok.

Step 2. in BPM, it does some transformation

Ok

Step 3. the response of the step 2, is then sent as the response for the SOAP client request, using a Synchronous send (sync async bridge maintained),

You should not use a synchronous send step here. You should be using an Async send here. The sync asyn bridge must start in the first receive step and end here.

Step 4. i use the abstract Synchronous MI (for the SOAP client to send request), to create a WSDL, and use it in ALTOVA to create SOAP request automatically,

You shuld create the WSDL for the Outbound Synchronous message interface which should have been created to supply the message to Abstract Synchronous interface. Then only you will be able to test the message.

So.. you need totally

1. OB Syn MI

2. Abstrac Syn MI (Receive in BPM)

3. Abstract Async MI (to send response to SOAP caller)

VJ