Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

automatic transportation between clients

Former Member
0 Kudos

switch on the advanced transport system and also use job :

TMS_BCI_START_SERVICE

what i see is that all transports are going well to the defined clients .

But what i misslike is that the corresponding transportqueue after the job TMS_BCI_START_SERVICE runs is empty .

The old way , when i imported manualy in tms i got after successfull import the transport in the queue green marked with a green hook .

Can anabody verify if that is the same in your environment or are you still able to see the importet request in the queue?

Question:

I release a transport

-> go to stms / import queue of the corresponding system.

now i see the transport with a watch on the right site.

-

> after job TMS_BCI_START_SERVICE finished the input transport queue is empty. No more old transports marked with a green hook !

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

you got it ! I gueess that the point, as soon the mass import is active the transports disapear from th queue.

Do you' ve implemented the advanced transport method ? And do you use similar to me the job:

TMS_BCI_START_SERVICE .

The import option "Leave transport request in queue for later import" would be no help and is even confusing because how the automatic control should know when it should be imported again.

rgds from the swiss mountains to the rocky mountains

mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Salomon,

Steps for Automating the Transportation between the clients

1. Log on to client 000 of your TMS Domain Controller SAP Instance.

2. Go to transaction STMS.

3. On the Transport System Management screen, click Overview → Imports.

Double-click on the queue for the SAP instance are in.

1. On the Import Queue screen, click the Refresh button. Click on the Import All Requests button.

5. On the Start Import popup, fill in the information for the job. Make sure "At Start Time" is on. Although Period appears grayed out, you can still change

it to the periodic value you need. I recommend every hour in DEV, 4 times a day in QAS, and once an evening in PRD. Click on the green check mark to Continue.

6 now leave the STMS transaction. If you ever need to change this job, you must do it via STMS and not SE37.

Regards,

S.Rajeshkumar

Reward points welcome!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario,

What is happening is you have probably kicked off an 'import all' process which erases the check marked transport requests after the import.

Hope that helps.

J. Haynes

Denver, CO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

Check if the import option "Leave transport request in queue for later import" is activated.

Regards,

Ammey Kesarkar