cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

After creating a client using scc4, i enter into rz10 , there i wrongly typed the name for the parameter login/no_automatic_user_spstar. But I have given the value correctly i.e, 0 . I was unable to log into the client that I have created with sap* and pass. Just tell me how can I change the name of the parameter in rz10 .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sateesh,

there is no parameter called login/no_automatic_user_spstar it may be login/no_automatic_user_sapstar

If you want to deactivate the special properties of SAP, set the system profile parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar to a value greater than zero. If the parameter is set, then SAP has no special default properties. If there is no SAP* user master record, then SAP* cannot be used to log on

You can find more information about the parameter at below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/52/671792439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/content.htm

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I created a new client 788 and loged on with sap* user and p/w pass then i gone to rz10 transaction

profile given instance profile.

Extended mainatinence-- change.

there i given parameter name:

login/no_automatic_user_spstar = 0.

then I saved that parameter name.

CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME FOR WHT THAT PARAMATER WILL BE USED.

sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

Former Member
0 Kudos

In instance profile you have to change the parameter : login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0

You can do this by RZ10>select your instance profile>

extended maintenance>DISPLAY>goto change mode n giv the new value>SAVE>back n save.

You must restart the server after changing the parameter values.

Reward points if it helpful

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abinash,

You can change the parameter from any other client.

Also you can do it as OS level... just edit the profile (Default or Instance) and restart the system.

Profiles are stored at /usr/sap/<sid>/sys/profiles

Regards

Juan