cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kernel patches application error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was trying to upgrade my Solution manager 4.0.My system is 64 bit on windows with oracle.Current kernel is 7.00 with patch 75.Now i tried upgrading to 83.I stopped my SAP and database.I downloaded the kernel patches from SAP site and logged into solution manager as SIDadm,uncared those files.Took the backup of exe directory,removed all the files from the directory and copied the kernel patches.Now when i tried to up the SAP,it did got up but the kernel level is still 75.i dont know what to do.

Please help me,its very urgent

Thanks in advance

Regards

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So far your kernel updated. I think I would suggest you to reboot your machine at this movement since there has been worked done differently. Stop your sap and db and reboot your machine. I hope this will fix your issue. Rebooting machine will clean up your buffer etc...

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I faced a new problem now.

After stopping the SAP and database,i took the backup of the kernel directory,removed all the files from the kernel directory and then copied the new kernel files in this directory.Then i started the database and then started SAP using MMC.It started and i checked the kernel version and it was updated but in MMC it showed strdbs.cmd could not be started ,can you please tell me wats the reason

also should i stop the database?shld i only SAP from MMC and then update kernel.

Please help i m in soup now.

Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do it through JSPM

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which files are the ones you have deleted?

Have you double-checked the new files of the Kernel are a higher level than 75?

You can check this by running invoking in the actual directory where the new files are uncompressed ./disp+work -v

This should give you, this new disp+work level, that´s 83, and not 75

I know this could seem trivial, but have you checked you have copied the new version of the files to /sapmnt//exe, and not the "backup" version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do the following.

Since you have empty exe,

1. copy ...sapexedb.... and sapexe into /sapmnt/<SID>/exe

2. copy SAPCAR utility in to same directory.

3. Command pro... cd to exe location

4. SAPCAR -xvf both one by one.

It should work fine.

Thanks,

Please feel free to revert back