Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to Idoc or idocs, according to cnditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have the following scenario:

An input file with multiple lines is uploaded to an ftp location.

From this file, I have to check each line one-by-one and create one Idoc based on specific values of the fields from the file.

Right now, I have set up the sender file adapter to process each line of the file as a separate record and create one message, and then inside a BPM create and post the correct idoc or idocs.

I am using a BPM because in some cases, I have to create 3 different Idocs in some order.

The problem that i am facing now is that I have to include a new requirement where, I need to check all the lines of the file and find if 2 subsequent lines have the same value in some fields.

As you imagine this changes all my current configuration, since the processing of each line of the file separately will not help.

I have therefore to process all the file and then check which subsequent lines have the same values in those specific fields. Is there a way inside BPM to process each record of the Message Type of the input file, separately?

Any ideas ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My kind of handling this requirement would be after reading the file in to BPM (just directly as a whole), have a transformation involving an UDF which packs(grouping under one node..) the lines which have same values in two consecutive fields. Then have the normal processing logic of creating Idoc or Idocs..

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok you are right about this.

But after having the whole file, how am I going to process each line of the file separately?

I have to do this because I have to determine from conditions (values of specific fields) the type, the number and the sequence of the Idocs that I will create for each line of the file.

Thank you.

--Evaggelos