cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefighter - Message to Firefighter / Multiple Logon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We are in the process of setting up SAP GRC - FIREFIGHTER and have encountered the following issues...

1) Multiple users can logon using the same Firefighter ID at the same time? Is this correct - my understanding was that only one firefighter could use the Firefighter ID at once?

2) When a Firefighter is logged on - the field - FF ID Used by - remains blank - is this correct? my understanding was that this should show the firefighter who is using the logon.

3) When you click on the 'message to firefighter' icon - the message 'no firefighter is using the xxxxxx FirefightID' appears - even though a user is logged on with this ID.

I suspect all three issues are related....

For all the above:

- Do you know if this functionality has been removed from Firefighter application?

- Is there a setting or parameter that I need to set to enable the above features?

Thanks in advance

FYI - I have checked OSS notes and can't find anything relating to this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael,

I have experienced the same exact error. First of, you are correct in that only 1 person should be able to log in with a Firefighter ID at a time.

Our issue was due to two services using the same port number in the application server located in the etc/services file. SAP Note 947726 addresses this issue. It also provides details on how to test and confirm if you are having an issue with your etc/services file.

Regards,

Joe Klein

Answers (0)