cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Composite Roles on CUA System

former_member280162
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I saw a presentation from SAP on the creation of composite roles and their recommendation was to create them on the CUA system instead of each system where the single roles are located.

Any ideas why they recommend this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Yes, thats true its generally recommended to create the composite role on the CUA and infact thats the best way If you have already setup the CUA.

Look what happens is you have 3 different clients, say:

<b>Client 000

Client 001

Client 066</b>

and you have set up the CUA for all these clients. Now if you will create the role on CUA, since it is configured with all these clients, it will transfer the following role assignment to its respective client. You need not go to each client and create a role over there.

There are many advantages for this scheme. If you need further clarification please revert back.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please consider rewarding points if helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If one of the child systems is the user data store for the Enterprise Portal, how will the CUA system assign users to the Portal.?

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Collins,

No this is not the case. Even if you configure the CUA with enterprise portal, then also the user data which are created for the user in the portal will reside on the Portal Database (Portal DB).

When you will integrate the user of the Portal with CUA then composite data can be extracted easily. When you will configure your Portal with CUA the main requirement is that you have the same UserID, I mean the userID of the portal DB and the client system in the CUA must be same.

I hope this helps you.

Regards

Pravesh