cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query about client export/import from PRD to DEV(urgernt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to do client export from PRD to DEV since my company wants to do copy all information of PRD to DEV.

I have query with regard to the following:

1. how much time it will take for this process, i have 120 gb of database size in production server. i have oracle 10g and ECC 6.0 installed.

2. is it requried to manually add datafile when autoextend is enabled, how to estimate the size requried in DEV server.

3. Can i create another client in DEV server and do the client export. what pre processing steps to take in consideration.

4. what about the data loss, is there data will loss. is the PRD server client gets locked while doing this, what will the downtime requried for this.

Can anybody help me since i have not done this before, i only know how to do local/remote client copy, but this procedure will take extensive downtime and the client will get locked.

Please help on this issue....since its urgent.

Thanks n Regards

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Please have a look at "SAP Note: 489690 - CC INFO: Copying large production clients".

Please ensure that support packages in both DEV and PROD have the same level and you have adequate file system space on the DEV server.

This forum links might also be of interest to you.

Regards,

Subodh