cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Start NW7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

does anybody know if Netweaver mobile 7.1 goes alive ?

Is it out of RampUp?

Regards

Uwe

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

The SAP Netweaver 7.1 is still in Rampup. May be it will be until end of January. You could contact the Mobile product develpment for more details.

Not aware if any customer has gone completely live with SAP Netweaver 7.1.

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham,

many thanks for your information.

Do you have more details to contact the mobile product development, like a Emailadress or others?

Best Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

Sorry its not Product Development but Product Management Group. You could get this info from service market place. I am not aware of the email address or any form of contact.

In order to use the product you will have to apply at SAP to be a Ramp-Up Customer. If this is approved then the Software DVDs are shipped to you.

Can you let me know what kind of scenario are you planning to use, as in Migration from SAP MI 640/7.0 to 7.1 or completely new implementation ?

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham S,

we plan to migrate from MobileEngine 6.20 to NW7.1 with two applications (Time & Travel and a selfbuild one).

We see the possibility to use the compatibilty layer.

Many Thanks

Uwe Herrmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

If I am not wrong Time and Travel is a Generic Sync Application, in that case migration is not possible to NW Mobile 7.1.

Thanks..

Preetham S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preetham S,

"to migrate" was the wrong verb, sorry. You are right ,time and travel is a Generic Sync Application!

We are able to start with the following standard product of time & travel in parallel operation with the old time & travel. Our self build application uses Smart Sync.

Greetings Uwe

former_member304703
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

just wanted to let you know that if you have a current app running on 7.0 you will probably not be able to run it 7.1 without changes.

Most of SAP xApps for mobile are undergoing changes at the moment to be compatible with 7.1 . xMAM 7.1 version, for example, is in validation now and will be in Rump-up after.

I am sure it is even more delayed with MTT as 7.1 does not support Generyc Sync as far as I know.

Regards,

Larissa Limarova

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larissa,

our apps are running on MobileEngine 2.1 Sp3.

We see the chance to use the compatibilty layer in NW7.1 to run our SmartSyncApp.

Little changes in coding for example in BapiWrappers are not the problem.

I don't know how MTT works with the compatibilty layer of NW mobile 7.1.

If not, is there any comparable product that works under NW mobile 7.1?

Thanks and greetings

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

well, as far as I know from the past you have MAM and T&T running in MI2.1. Upgrade to MI7.1 does not bring you any benefit if you do not upgrade the APPs as well the the new technology. There will be a MI7.1 version of T&T available - I am actually not sure if they change the name as well - but not before Summer. xMAM is upgraded at the moment - as Larissa already mentioned - and will be available soon after MI7.1 is available for all customers. If you talk to SAP perhaps you can be one of the RAMPUP customers.

Be aware as well, that you need ECC6 backend to have the full benefit out of the new MI7.1 version. It is working with older versions - off course - but to have the complete benefit it is necessary to upgrade the backend as well.

Compatibility mode: well, the problem is, MI7.1 can get data from nearly any source - but actually I think there is a problem with generic sync and Smart sync apps on 7.1 - well, lets say it in other words: it was not that easy to get MAM and T&T to work on your 2.1 client as you remember - I guess it will be even worse to do that in MI7.1 if it is possible in compatibility mode at all.

So in you case I would wait until both apps (T&T and xMAM) will be available for MI7.1

Hope this helps to solve your issue.

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

under MI 2.1 we have two Apps running. There are Time & Travel and a self build one witch uses SmartSync.

MAM is not in use. Our Backend is a ECC6.

The idea with implementation NW mobile 7.1 was to have a firmer base and a new technology for develop a new application.

At the first time T&T (old or new) should go like in the past and our self build application should run in compatibility layer. Parallel we want to rebuild our self build application with the new technology.

Thanks!

Uwe

KStrothmann
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Just to make sure this is not going to lead to too much confusion:

1. The current version of xMTT 2.0 already supports NetWeaver Mobile 7.1. The software is already available for download on the service marketplace - so that there is no need to wait until next summer from an application perspective. Please check the Master Guide for details and the exact technical requirements.

2. As for the migration path, as always you can change the middleware and the client to 7.1 and then have your end users do the intial sync with the backend. You will have to make sure before changing the middleware that the end users have synchronized their clients. Otherwise data that was entered on the clients is lost.

3. NetWeaver Mobile 7.1 is still in Ramp-Up. Therefore you have to apply for taking part in the NetWeaver Mobile 7.1 Ramp-Up in order to be able to use xMTT 2.0 on NW Mobile 7.1.

So to sum it up, you have to either take part in the NW Mobile 7.1 Ramp-Up or to wait until the Ramp-Up is ended before being able to use xMTT 2.0 on NW Mobile 7.1. The application is ready for a use with 7.1 though.

Hope this clarifies things some.

Best,

Karsten

Answers (0)