cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

flat file via JMS - how to (most easy)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

My scenaio is R/3 -> XI (technology not decided) -> legacy system (via flat file structure and JMS)

I would like to find the best way to do this. The receiving system only takes a flat file with 150 char length in each line.

Until now i have tried to do this using test message to XI and then do a pseudo mapping to a XML structure. This XML is then parsed to a flat file in the JMS adtapter using module localejbs/AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean. This "parsing" is a rather time consuming solution and im not sure it is the best solution.

I just saw a how to guide explaning how to make a flat file from a IDOC-XML using ABAP mapping. I could use this by just making sure my IDOC segments was 150 char length. The downside of this is that XI is reduced to a IDOX-XML transformer and hides no complexity for the R/3 system.

What do you think is the rigth way to go? Is there an even better solution?

Kind regards

Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The mention HOW TO guide is:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/46759682-0401-0010-1791-bd1...

And I sould mention I would like to also receive data from the legacy system (wich also sends files with 150 char lines)