cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POD(Prof Of Delivery) need to be compleated after Commercial Invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

As per SAP standard the POD (prof of delivery) will be created after PGI of the delivery and before creation of Commercial Invoice , but here client requirement is that after Creation of Commorcial Invoice POD need to be created ,after that shippmentcost need to be settled to the service agent through shippmentcost document based on the POD (Prof of Delivery) , so can you please Suggest the solution for this.

Your's

Murali Mohan.T

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Chandika,

Thanks for the reply...

My doubt is, can't we use the functionality I have mentioned to meet the Krishnan Venkatraman's(thread owner) requirement instead of creating the routines. I need some clarity on this.

Thanks in advance....

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of course, it may suffice for all i know; suggested the routine as i had not tried the '0' POD period option.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

As per my understanding, if the time frame is given as 7 days (for eg.,) you are not allowed to create the invoice without receipt of the POD. After seven days the invoice can be created eventhough the POD is not received. This POD comes into picture only if the POD Relevance is checked in customer master. Otherwise not.

Pl Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Ravi

Edited by: sankar ravi on Jan 8, 2008 2:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Help on the field KNVV-PODTG shows the following:

'Timeframe for Confirmation of POD

Period in days, in which proof of delivery is expected from the recipient. If there is no confirmation in this time, the delivery is confirmed automatically when this time period is up, without differences.'

So i am assuming POD confirmation happens automatically and invoice creation is allowed as a result. Unable test this though, as i am at a financial services client and all stock & delivery related settings are non-existent.

Cheers,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sending you the procedure to help you customize your POD.

Use

You can set your system so that if there are differences between the quantity that was actually

delivered and the quantity in the shipping notification, the system automatically sends a message

with preset standard reasons to the vendor at goods receipt.

Prerequisites

If you want to use automatic creation and processing of quantity differences for certain delivery

item categories, you must first make the following settings in the Logistics Execution section of

the Implementation Guide (IMG):

1. Mark the desired delivery item category as Relevant for POD. Then set the Level of

Automation for the POD for Inbound Deliveries for the delivery item category to Fullyautomated

POD processing (V). Use the Set POD-Relevance Depending on Delivery

Item Category [Ext.] activity for this step.

If you set the POD relevance to Copy POD relevance from preceding

document (V), the POD relevance from the preceding document is copied into the

current one. In this case, you can use the Set Up Confirmation Control [Ext.] activity

to check your POD control settings for the corresponding Confirmation control key.

Also use the Define Order Confirmations for Inbound Deliveries [Ext.] activity to make sure that the confirmation control key has an entry for the combination of Purchasing document category, Order type, Plant and Storage location.

2. Make sure that you have defined at least one Standard reason for both overdelivery and underdelivery. Define the type of Quantity calculation for the standard reasons.

Use the Define Reasons for Quantity Differences [Ext.] activity for this step.

When you process inbound deliveries, if quantity differences occur, the system will report

the standard reason with the corresponding quantity difference to your vendor.

3. Refer to the vendor master to check that the POD-relevant (A or B) indicator is set in the Control area of the reference data for the corresponding vendors.

Procedure

1. From inbound delivery [Ext.], choose Inbound Delivery Change Single Document.

The Change Inbound Delivery screen appears.

2. Enter the number of the inbound delivery you want to change or select it by using a

matchcode.

From the Goto menu on this screen, you can call up a specific view of the inbound

delivery and make changes there.

3. Choose Enter.

The overview screen that you chose appears.

4. Change the delivery quantity to the actual quantity that was received.

Regards,

Siddharth.

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

While checking the Relevance for POD in the customer Master, in the number of days filed if we enter the value '0', the desired functionality should work. This is only a guess and I invite experts opinion on this.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This timeframe is relevant for automatic confirmation, i.e. if POD confirmation is not done by the end of this time frame, it is automatically done without any differences and POD status will be updated. (haven't tried this; but guessing that POD is automatically confirmed immediately after PGI)

However at our previous client, finance dept. needed the POD status in tact to reverse sales (POD unconfirmed) recognized at the cutoff period ('n' days at the end of the month); so we created a custom routine to allow invoicing without altering the POD status.

Cheers,

KC

Edited by: Krishna Chandika on Jan 8, 2008 6:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible to create a commercial invoice without confirmation of POD; but a new copying requirement has to be created (this is same as the standard requirement 003.

1. Make a copy of VOFM --> Copying Requirements

--> Billing Documents --> 3 (Header/dlv.- related)

2. Comment the code from Line 72 to 46.

IF VBUK-PDSTK NA ' C'.

PERFORM VBFS_HINZUFUEGEN USING '000000' '197' SPACE SPACE SPACE.

SY-SUBRC = 4.

EXIT.

ENDIF.

For all relevant dly document types to bill doc types, assign this requirement instead of the standard. System will allow invoice creation without POD.

Pls reward with points if helpful.

Cheers,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ur suggestion is excellent...We too have a similar requirement of updating proof of delivery after commercial invocie...

I am unable to do the copy function as per ur feedback.

It is possible to create a commercial invoice without confirmation of POD; but a new copying requirement has to be created (this is same as the standard requirement 003.

1. Make a copy of VOFM --> Copying Requirements

Can u please give us step by step instructions of the above

Regards

Sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudha,

The idea is to deactivate only that piece of code in the standard routine which checks POD status and prevents invoice creation.

Rather than change the standard routine, a new routine can be created as follows:

1. VOFM --> Copying Requirements --> Billing Documents

2. Give a routine number (901 for example) and description.

3. Copy the code of routine 3 (Header/dlv.-related) EXCEPT for first and last statements (Form and Endform)

4. Paste in the new routine. Comment the code (shown below) related to POD status (PDSTK) check and activate the routine.

• POD-Status

IF VBUK-PDSTK NA ' C'.

PERFORM VBFS_HINZUFUEGEN USING '000000' '197' SPACE SPACE SPACE.

SY-SUBRC = 4.

EXIT.

ENDIF.

5. After activation of this routine, make sure that this is assigned in the configuration as follows.

VTFL transaction --> choose the relevant billing type and delivery type copy control and double click to open the header settings. The copying requirements routine is 3 in standard R/3; replace this with 901 and transport the configuration as well as the routine.

6. With the above routine and configuration active, when an invoice of the relevant billing type is being created, system won't prevent even if POD status (PDSTK) is not C (complete).

Cheers,

KC

SAP SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Excellent..It worked...

Thank a lot for ur suggestion

Regards

Sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishna

Have done the changes suggested by you in IDES and it worked fine..

I tried configuring in development client the same.I copied the program from IDES and pasted it in VOFM new routine no.program..

But iam unable to do invoice..It gives the error .POD report back not yet carried out or incomplete..

Can u give u email id so that i can send u the program which is there.Or if u could suggest me with a solution it would be better...

Regards

Sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

krishnac03@gmail.com

In case it is masked, please check my user profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

Have sent the program file to your user id

Also can u please tell us what settings have to be checked in teh user profile to find out it is masked .

(In case it is masked, please check my user profile.)Can u brief on the above please..

Regards

Sudha