Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancellation of profroma invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can anyone tell me how to cancell proforma invoice>

I tried to do it thru VF11, but it is not possible there.

Is it possible and if so, then how

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Though proforma invoice need not be cancelled usually, some developments may check for completion status of subsequent document, in which case a transaction like 'cancel' may make sense.

Though it can't be cancelled, it can be 'completed' as follows.

In VF02 enter the proforma invoice number and choose 'Complete' option from the menu. When system prompts 'do you want to complete this proforma invoice', choose yes. This is the only option available that is closest to cancel.

Cheers,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Krishna

Thanks

I was not aware of this option

Rgds

Anila

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna Chandika,

Thanks for the information, which is very useful. Also please clarify that,

Will the Proforma invoice has any impact on the status of the other documents and if yes, then what kind of impact will it(proforma invoice) have on the status of the susequent or preceding documents. Also please specify the subsequent documents for proforma invoice.

Thanks in advance

Ravi

krishnaswamy_kumaraswamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi cancelation of preforma is not possible

yes it has the status updation

reverse and cancel the delivery

performa has noeffect on accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

As far as i am aware there are no subsequent documents to a proforma invoice unless you have configured billing to other sales document copying control. Even in that case status of the proforma will not affect subsequent documents as inquiry / quotation / order would be a new transaction altogether. (but i am not sure if you can create a sales doc with reference to proforma after completing it)

Regarding preceding documents, the status of delivery would change as soon as the proforma is created. But i am not sure if it changes again after the proforma is completed.

In any case, this status will not affect any transaction; it may impact only if you are using the status field in any developments.

Cheers,

KC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

pls check whether while making the proforma invoice the accounting docs have been generated ?

my understanding is for proforma invoice the accounting entries are not passed hence you cannot delete the proforma invoice

rgds

Anila

Former Member
0 Kudos

sourav bhaumik,

The Proforma Invoice can not be deleted, There is no need to change to cancel, it dosen have any effect.

Please correct me if I am wrong

regards

Rajesh