cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Profile from SAP-PS in cProjects

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Need your suggesttion on the below issue. We have cProject & R/3 integration. Project structure will be created in cProjects which will also create a project in SAP-PS. As per standard SAP-PS, CPR0001 is project profile to be used for cProjects & PS interface. Project profile (CPR0001) contains standard settings of SAP such as controllig area / company code / plant etc. I had copied CPR0001 project profile & created new profile to be used for creating project as per our organsaition structure. I observed while creating project from cProjects, it is considering CPR0001 project profile & accordingly the organisation structure is copying where as our required project profile is different.

I would like to request in cProjects, where it is calling project profile & to make the project profile as per our requirments.

Thank you for your cooeparation.

Regards,

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

If it is possible, please do not change the SAP delivered customizing. Copy is normally the better way.

Regarding the requirement, please run the transaction iaom0 in the ERP system, if it is not the same as the cProject system. Select the business Scenario = 'cProjects', change the value of field Project Profile from 'CPR0001' to the one you want.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhenbo,

I am very much thankful to you as based on your reply the required project profile can be changed.

After creating project in SAP-PS from cProjects, I observed certain details & need your help to fix the issue.

1. Project element is creating as WBSE & project definition in PS. But there is no one -to-one mapping. I would like to transfer various phases as WBSE in R/3 but it is n't happening

2. Dates are n't getting transferred to project in project structure of SAP-PS.

3. The WBSE which created in PS from cProjects, master data are locked

4. Tasks are n't getting transferred as network activity into PS

I would like to request yo enlighten more on cProjects & SAP-PS integration.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ranjan

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

1. Project element is creating as WBSE & project definition in PS. But there is no one -to-one mapping. I would like to transfer various phases as WBSE in R/3 but it is n't happening

>> There tow scenario of the replication, one is role-based, other is task-based. In case of role-based, the phases are not used, as role is not under the phase. In case of task-based, the phase should be used, as it is in most cases the parent of the task. I am not 100 percent sure at this point.

2. Dates are n't getting transferred to project in project structure of SAP-PS.

>> At the replication, only some data are mapped to the WBS, mostly the costs relevant information, as the purpose of this functionality is costs. Even the left-right relationships can not guaranteed in some cases.

3. The WBSE which created in PS from cProjects, master data are locked

>> Worked as designed. The idea is to forbid the use change the master data of the replicated WBS. It is somehow inflexible, but it is customer requirement, which trigger this feature. You can unlock it manually in the ERP system.

4. Tasks are n't getting transferred as network activity into PS

>> Not possible in cPro. 4.0, in release 4.0 the project system integration (other name multiple level controlling) will be mapped to WBS. In Release 3.1, it is possible to get. But from my point of view, map to WBS is the better way.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why copy? Change the Org Units of CPR0001 and use it!

Though SAP usually recommends to copy an existing profile, I think CPR0001 is hard coded elsewhere in the PS-cProjects integration (I assume) and that's the reason even if you create any new profile it's not going to help.

Regards

Sreenivas