cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to auto close popup window of UWL?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I have developed a web dynpro abap application that is being launched by the UWL in a new window. How do I close the window after the web dynpro application is done processing? I cannot use exit-plugs as these don't work in the portal. If I use the portal navigation classes(absolute and relative) these ask for a target address but what I want is to close the window. Has anyone done this before? Thanks! Generous points will be awarded!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexendar,

Well, I dont think you can control the window closing feature using the IF_WD_WINDOW interface/instance.

I even got the same problem and infact we were unable to achieve a feasible solution in that site.

After the execution of workitem, we asked the user to navigate back to UWL manually(as the workitem executes in the same page).

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This [blog|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/6687] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; provides some useful info on how to close the window on an action. I assume yours is an application with Approve/Reject buttons. Then you can fire the exit plug explained in the blog on click of Approve/Reject buttons.

The important point here is the HTML code that you insert as a response in transaction SICF. The author in the blog has mentioned a html which pops up a message for closing the window. In the pop up if you give "No" and hit refresh the application opens up again :(. Hence you may need to provide a validation such that once the application is Approved/Rejected nothing is displayed even if the screen is refreshed. Or if there is a HTML code for closing the window directly without a pop up then you can use that (I am poor in HTML, hence cudnt suggest you any code on that)

Another alternative is as Raja suggested you can open the webdynpro application in the same window (instead of a pop up). In this case follow the same step as mentioned in the blog with the following change alone.

In SICF for your service under the "Error Pages" tab choose the "Redirect to URL" button and enter the URL of your UWL here. Now fire the exit plug on Approval/Rejection. This should make your UWL to be opened again.

Thanks,

Prasath N

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi alexander....

you can make use of the method close in if_wd_window to cloase a window.

---regards,

alex b justin