cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check and Checking Rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question about how availability check and chekcing rules are assigned to each order type.

Here, I have the same availability check (i.e. Z1) for all order types.

And for standard order and consignment fill-up, the system introduces same checking rules (A: SD Orders).

However, for consignment sale I have the same availability check (Z1), but different checking rule is assigned (AW: SD order; consignment).

Example:

Business Case / Availability Check / Checking Rules

Standard Order / Z1 / A

Consignment Fill-up / Z1 / A

Consignment Sale / Z1 / AW

Return / Z1 / A

I know that availability check is determined in Material Master.

But I don't know how to determine which checking rules to be used for the same availability check.

Please advise.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody answer to my last question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Takako,

The checking rule is determined internally and you can only control the scope of the availability check by combination of checking group + checking rule, means you can change the checking group but can't change the checking rules

regards,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lakshmipathi & Santosh,

Thank you for your information.

So, I guess I can only change the scope of availability check (i.e. Include Safety Stock or not), but I cannot have a different scope of availability check for different sales order type.

I still don't understand the combination of availability check and checking rules are determined internally.

This user request should be within a predictable business scenario.

Weird.

I wonder how other sap pro manage this issue.

Only User Exit will satisfy this needs?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anybody any ideas?

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Takako

Check the links for more information

[Checking Rule|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/b1/c046f5439a11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

[Availability Check|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/cf/70124adf2d11d1b55e0000e82de178/frameset.htm]

Thanks

G. Lakshmipathi