cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renting the Fixed Assets via Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have a requirement of Renting the Assets, and need to create the Sales Order for this.

If anybody worked on Renting the Assets (creating the Assets as Materials - may be Non-valuated material) and create the Sales Order?

Appreciated

Thanks

Umesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ! Umesh,

In the standard system you have a sales order type QP for carrying out renting contracts. Under the section of 'Contracts' you can assign a contract profile to the Sales Doc type.

You also need to create and assign billing plan to item category of the material entered in this sales order. Billing Plan can be prepared in T.code OVBI and they can be assigned to item category in t.code OVBK.

Also, you can find other options on billing plans under the menu path IMG> S & D > Billing > Billing Plan and options for creating contract profile could be found under the menu path IMG > S & D > Sales > Sales Documents > Contracts.

Regards,

PATHIK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Pathik, i can surely check that setting within Billing plan, but my main concern is to how to get the Assets as Material in Sales order? can we able to create Non-valuated Material as Assets ..how?

thanks in advance

Umesh

vivekchokshi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, we can create a non valuated material for individual asset in the material master using the material type. I think you should check with your MM team and they will be able to give you appropriate material type. Create the assest as a material using the new material type (non valuated materials).

Using 501 mvmt type you can directly create your inventory for this asset.

Second option could be that, you create your asset as a finished goods and then take inventory of the same.

This will also be useful even. when you intend to sell the asset.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We too had the same issue what we did was first created the asset in Material master as non valuated materila type and then created a rental contract in VA41 with doc type as MV

regards