Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkin Problem, CBS build failed.

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a problem with my checkin.

I checked in my code, and it failed in the activation. I checked teh CBS build log and it said metadata inconsistency. I realised that the RFC that I was working on had been changed, and I had not reimported the RFC before checking it in.

In my Open Activities or the Activation view, I do not see my files that I had opened for edit. I resynched the code in another machine and cheked if my latest code was checked in, and I could see them.

Now, my question is, how do I proceed from here just to make sure that ALL my current code in the DC goes into the CBS and builds fine? Should I checkout every component in my DC and force check them in? How can I do this?

The amount of changes I have done is huge and I do not want to lose any code.

Please help.

Thanks

J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To Murtuza

I have met the question that the same files of one DC has modified by more than one developers.

And the first developer check out the DC,and make modification to the files,then he check in the DC,but CBS build failed.

Then i check out the DC,make numerous modification to the same files. I check in the DC,but CBS build failed.

Now ,what i can do?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there something that the same file has been modified by more than one developer. If its so then let the build tool calculate the predecessor activity and check in the predecessor activity first.

Rergards,

Murtuza

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza

I am the only person modifying this DC.

My worry is that, in my previous chekin, I had made numerous modifications to multiple files. Now I dont know if all the files have been checked in correctly or not, and its almost impossible for me to check everything manually.

I created a new activity and modified some code after the failed activation of my previous checkin. So, whats the guarantee that if I checkin my new activity, ALL files will be checked in? Will any forced checkin of the files help to make sure my latest DC's code is checked in?

Thanks

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All your files without errors would have been checked in successfully. Now just check out the files that made use of the RFC that has been modified and check them in.

Resync the code from the active DCs once your activation is successful. All your changes would be in inactive DCs till your activation would succeed and once it succeeds you will have all ur changes in the active workspace.

Regards,

Murtuza

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza

This sounds good to me. I'll try it and reply to this thread about my results soon.

Thanks.

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

If ur activation is failed, ur activity should be available in activation view. If its not there ,it should be checked in.just go to http://<server host>:<port>/devinf. check the status of ur dc in cbs.

Apart from that, u can go to development infrastructure, right click on ur file what u have modified, dtr->show in -> version graph. it will show all the activities. u can compare the latest & earlier versions. it will show whether ur checked in code is available or not??

regards

Sumit

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks. Heres my CBS build log extract with the error:

[wdgen] WARNING: Metadata of model MyProfile is not valid! ModelRelationRole "//WebDynpro/Model:com.sap.xss.tra.tri.model.myprofile.MyProfile/ModelRelation:Zfitp_Web_Profile_Get_Context_Output:Et_Prefix/ModelRelationRole:Et_Prefix", Role "ModelClass": A minimum of 1 object(s) is required
     [wdgen] [Error]   com.sap.xss.tra.tri.model.myprofile.MyProfile --> ModelRelationRole Et_Prefix [modelClass]: Inconsistent metadata, model class missing
     [wdgen] [Error]   com.sap.xss.tra.tri.model.myprofile.MyProfile --> ModelRelationRole Et_Prefix [modelClass]: Inconsistent metadata, model class missing
     [wdgen] [Info]    Catching throwable null
     [wdgen] [Info]    com.sap.webdynpro.generation.ant.GenerationAntTaskError

I have checked in my context where the model node exisits and everything seems fine there. I can find the model class, structure and supplyingrelationrole all defined when I see the properties of the model node.

Whats wrong?

Thanks

J

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I'm still getting this error after a restart of the server. Any hints?

Thanks

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Got to navigator view and delete wd_gen folder. Now rebuild your DC and try activating it.

Regards,

Murtuza

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for your help. I think I know what caused the error, and I have solved my problem now.

The Problem:

While reimporting the model, I was not connected to the DTR. So I think NWDS did not add these model files to the DTR. This is very strange because usually it asks me to checkout the model files and sign in to DTR. But strangely, it didn't.

The Solution:

Right clik on the SRC folder of the DC in Webdynpro explorer and choose DTR>Add>Sub Tree. You will see a window titled "Add Local Only Resources". Uncheck "Show Local Only Resources" option at the bottom of the window. If it shows you some files, then these files have not been added to the activity. Add these files and checkin in your activity. It should checkin fine.

Thanks

OJ