cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

N4S TestDrive on Linux - got no valid license key

Former Member
0 Kudos

One question ...

I installed the newest N4S testdrive on a freshly installed 10.3 Suse 64-bit system. Everything went smoothly to the point where I requested the license: I got an email with a license key, but not as documented a <license>.rpm. Well, so I used the command

saplicense -install

to enter the license key manually. But to my surprise the saplicense program wants a license key with only 24 characters, whereas the license key mailed by SAP is far longer, it has 424 characters!

I tried to use part of the license key only, but without success. Any solution?

Regards and thanks in advance

Joachim

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joachim,

You've received a new encrypted license. It can't be installed from OS with the old saplicense.

You must login to your system (if locked for the license, you always can logon with SAP* user), and from Tr. SLICENSE, push "New Licenses" button and then "Install new license". Import the .txt file containing the key from your local PC.

Find more info about new licenses at Note 870871.

Best Regards,

JC Llanes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gracias,

you solved the problem.

Saludos

Joachim

Former Member
0 Kudos

You're welcome.

Para eso estamos!

JC Llanes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to install the license without any problem using SAP* userid. However when I try to signon using the userid developer or DDIC userid, I get following error. can you please help. I double checked the licence in slicence transaction and seems to be valid. The date is well within the range.

'Logon not possible' error in license check'

peter_yu3
Participant
0 Kudos

I think you have wrong license be installed on this instance. Please compare the hardware key in your installed license with the one you get from 'saplicense -get', if you have more than one key in the list, please delete others.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Peter for your response.

The issue was the host name set as n4shost instead of ivml2005. This was solved by following steps.

1. Sign on to SAPGUI using user SAP*

2. Transaction RZ10

3. Utilities --> import profiles --> of active servers.

4. After copy, do a 'check'.

5. It will show all the entries like SAPDBHOST etc with n4shost as value.

6. change these to ivml2005.

7. Save all the changes.

8. Stop sap and restart.

9. I was able to sign on using devloper userid.

thanks

Answers (0)