cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Certification Papers and Difference between SCA and SDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am preaparing for the SAP Certification exam , my exam is on 20 of this month . Can anyone explain me the difference between SCA and SDA .How are they different from each other and the benefits of using them.

I need question papers from the exam , please forward the same at rakesh.mishra@yahoo.com

Point will be rewarded for sure

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Software Deployment Archive (SDA) is the delivery format for SAP applications in programming languages other than ABAP, for example applications of the J2EE Engine. It is an archive format that is compatible with ZIP and that can be used as a container for other archives. The SDA contains the manifest information, that is package-related data of the contained archive (e.g. jar, war) and an SAP manifest containing additional information about the software logistics. Larger entities can be created in SCA format in the second step from the different SDAs. A Software Component Archive (SCA) is the physical representation of a version of a software component. It contains a selection of SDAs that describe a precise version. Updating an SCA always results in a new version of the software component.

and links ofcourse for more details

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/wdjava/ear%2cepa%2cpar%2csda%2csca&;

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/a3/782240da03e569e10000000a155106/content.htm

PS : BTW you have opened a same thread in EP section also , all the best for the exam .

Thanks

Pankaj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I am just curious to know about the certification exam. How is it? Because, I am planning to take in the middle of this year. If you have the certification papers can you please forward it to me? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

Although i could nt attend the xam this time i have forwared you the exam papers for the same which my frnds gave.

Thanks

Pankaj