cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

preformance in mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you give me the order for graphical,java,abap and xslt mappings in preformance point of view?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramakrishnan,

the description of all 4 kinds of mapping we are using in XI, based on their performance and aaplication uses

1) Message mapping

- Graphical Design and test environment

- Queue based model allows handelling of very large documents

- Extensible via Java user defined functions

2) XSLT

- Open standard

- Portable

- extensible via java user defined functions

- Memory overhead for very large documents

3) JAVA

- flexibility of java programming language

- java mapping program is responsible for parsing/rendering XML

4) ABAP

-Leverage existing ABAP base

- ABAP mapping program is responsible for parsing/rendering XML

hope it may clarify you the mappings

performance sequence is Graphical -> Java=>ABAP => XSLT

For more details on Mapping you can follow TBIT

link are as follow

TBIT40:

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/~form/ehandler?_APP=00200682500000001337&_EVENT=DISPLAY&COURSE=TBIT40

TBIT41:

https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~form/ehandler?_APP=00200682500000001337&_EVENT=DISPLAY&COURSE=TBIT41&LA...

Ranjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are some unfortunate things about XI compared to other ESB EAI framework.

XI just use JAVA, J2EE and Web service technology for design and configuration phase. In run time ABAP engine is the main player which use J2EE engine as RFC destination to handle supporting work.

However other ESB EAI Engine such as Aqualogic, Websphere, Mule, TIBCO etc depend on JAVA as a core engine.

Regarding the view of a programmer who do not have a clue on the powe of JAVA and XSLT and at the same time have to depend on the burdon of some architectural flops in XI , it is nice to say that for the sake of goodness use ABAP mapping as much as possible for complicated mapping.

However provided that XI will one day use JAVA as a core engine and use JAVA technology as a main stream then XSLT and JAVA mapping can rock with even a 2 CPU production machine.

For example, I have a SAP Integration with 45 different plant system for a Telecom supply chain in USA where 2 instance of weblogic server with J2EE and JAVA can handle 35,000 master data changes (IDOCS) from SAP to all plants in 4 hours without breaking a single one. It took more than 3 days to load into the same SAP master data system using ABAP technologies and may be 60 CPU machines too.

If you know what is the power of XSLT, JAVA caching, power of JAVA POJOS, HEAP tuning and provided you have a right infrastructure supported by ESB EAI features such as transformation, translation, routing, then JAVA is the solution.

But if you are from a back ground of customization project, not much clue of software programming and dragged to certain believe then JAVA is not a solution.

I hope to see one day SAP platform use JAVA and J2EE technologies with its full power and keep the right steps SAP took with Netweaver platform.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

for a same mapping if i am implimenting in graphical, java ,abap and xslt then what is the order of performance?

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There couldnt be a perfect order for these mapping. The performance depends upon many factors such as:

- complexity of structures involved

- size of structures

- custom functionalities implemented

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

for a same mapping if i am implimenting in graphical, java ,abap and xslt then what is the order of performance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Refer the below weblog for the same.

It will help u to understand the same/

Mapping Performance:

/people/udo.martens/blog/2006/08/23/comparing-performance-of-mapping-programs

Thnx

Chirag

Reward points if it helps.