cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQLException com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver Error in JDI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JDI/NWDI experts,

I am struggling with SQLException com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver Error. I have written a WebDynpro program and added 'sqljdbc.jar' in library folder. Then WebDynpro project is working well.

But when copied the 'src' folder to another Webdynpro Component, The application is failing. I have tried many way but no success. I have created External DC and added as Used DC. I feel the sqljdbc.jar file is is missing.

I am not creating any Data Source in VA or Visula Composure.

Has any one used SQL Server 2005 driber -'sqljdbc.jar' before?.Can you help?.

I appreciate if any one can help me with complete steps. I appreciate your help and promise to award points.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Maruti CR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

update NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maruti

Check this link:

/people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/09/14/a-bit-of-impractical-scripting-for-web-dynpro

Step 6 makes your third party jars available during runtime on your server since you put the dependency to runtime. I don't think you need/can reference your j2ee server dc in the portalapp.xml.

Summary of the link I sent you:

1. Create an External Library DC

2. Copy all of the Jars I needed to the libraries folder of this DC

3. Create two Public Parts (right click on the jar files in Package Explorer)

i) compilePart (with purpose compilation)

ii) assemblyPart (with purpose assembly)

4 Create a new DC of type J2EE Server Component / Library

5. Add a Used DC to the J2EE Library, reference the compilePart from previous step, and set Dependency type to Build

6. Add another Used DC, reference the assemblePart, this time select both Build and Runtime Dependency Types

7. Build and deploy.

Regards

Göran