Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImportManager batch process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to import the data in Excel file to repository

by Import Manager batch process. I did mapping and saved.

I've the following:

1) 'ImportManagerBatch.exe' in path

'C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Import Manager'

2) I've 'ImportBatch.ini' file in path

'C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Import Manager'

This contains

[Source]

Type=

File name=

DSN=

DBMS Server=

Database=

User=

Password=

//possible values are: True or False

Read-only=

[Destination]

Repository=

Server=

Port=

User=admin

Password=

Agency=

Map=

Language=

[Batch Import Default Option]

//possible values are: Yes or No

Automap Batch Unmapped Value=Yes

//possible values are: Add or Ignore

Batch Unmapped Value Handling=Add

Always Use Batch Unmapped Value Handling=No

I can pass 'Type,File name(with Excel path) and User' in [Source] and

'Repository,Server,Port,User,Password,Agency,Map,Language'

in [Destination] .

When i execute 'ImportManagerBatch.exe' , its not asking parameters. Rather it is showing a popup with pass '/INI file/MAP name' etc..

How to execute this 'ImportManagerBatch.exe' file by passing this 'ImportBatch.ini' file.

Could you please tell me.

With thanks and kind rgds.,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

One last tip, since I encountered this problem

In the Import manager Batch command, space between the /INI, /AGENCY options is very important. I gave you the exact copy of command I used in one of my responses.

Finally, you should give the exact name of the map attached to the agency you are specifying. Map is tied to Agency, repository, and source file combination.

If import manager is crashing due to some reason, you will just get that box with exclamation mark, and you may not tonice it for a while. Again, I resorted to log.xml created in the C:
\Import manager folder.

Thanks

Savi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I do have sort of a similar problem. After executing the importmanagerbatch (with your settings) nothing happens in my repository.

When I look at the log file i can see this:

3720 2005/09/29 13:49:20.364 GMT Cannot connect to server: 'NSFINK[SQL_Server]' failed.

So what does this tell me? I also tried my local IP. Because my Server ist called nsfink on which the respository is installed.

Can you help me?

Thx

Nico

<b>Solved it myself. Thx anyway</b>

Message was edited by: Nicolas Fink

Message was edited by: Nicolas Fink

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

I am encountering the exact same problem on my machine. So, could you possibly help me since you already resolved the problem yourself?

My scenario:

- I have a map [which works when run manually]

- a mapping.bat file, content:

ImportManagerbatch /INI "Matching.ini" /AGENCY "MDM" /MAP "initial_load_mim" /LANGUAGE "English [US]"

- an ini file with server, repository and so on defined.

My log file says "Cannot connect to server: 'WETZLAR' failed." Wetzlar is the server on which MDM runs. I can ping it and I can connect to ot through the Import Manager, Console and Client. I even tried it with the IP address as well.

Any Ideas/suggestions?

thanks for your support in advance!

Greetings,

martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

What does the log say- at what step is it failing? Does it say it was able to open the map, match the records, etc.? That should give you some clue.

The only difference between your ini file and mine is, my ini file looks like this:

[Source]

Type=Excel

File name=C:\Conversion Files\Excel_for_conversions.xls

DBMS Server=

Database=

User=

Password=

Read-Only=true

[Destination]

Repository=XXX

Server=MDM_SERVER

Port=2456

User=Admin

Password=xxx

The batch default options are selected in the config. of import manager. Select these options in config before you select on the matching records pane. Save the map before trial execution.

Let me know what the log says. Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Some easy trouble shooting tips:

1) From the commandline change directory into c:\Program Files...\Import Manager.

2) Now give the ImportManagerbatch.exe command with the ini file, map, agency, language as I outline in my last mail.

3) Make sure that you are specifying the path for ini file unless it is in the same Import Manager directory that you are running the command from.

4) A log gets created when the IMB.exe command runs- take a look at the log to see at which point the execution failed or halted.

5) That log actually gives a good trace of all steps that IMB.exe command goes through.

6) Have your repository mounted and loaded before you give this command.

7) Last but not least, run your map/source file combination from import manager, and validate in the client that the data is actually loaded. (You can delete the data from client before you try your IMB command.)

Good luck! I will be curious to know if you were able to execute the import.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savitri,

I tried with the following:

[Source]

Type=Excel

File name=C:\Documents and Settings\Test.xls

DSN=

DBMS Server=

Database=

User=

Password=

//possible values are: True or False

Read-only=False

[Destination]

Repository=TestRepository

Server=servername

Port=2346

User=admin

Password=

Agency=MDM

Map=C:\Documents and Settings\test.map

Language=English [US]

[Batch Import Default Option]

Automap Batch Unmapped Value=Yes

//possible values are: Add or Ignore

Batch Unmapped Value Handling=Add

Always Use Batch Unmapped Value Handling=No

and changed the directory into c:\Program Files...\Import Manager and then in executed with

ImportManagerBatch.exe /INI "C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Import Manager\ImportBatch.ini" /AGENCY "MDM" /MAP "C:\Documents and Settings\Test.map" /LANGUAGE "English [US]"

But still no updated..I've checked the map and uploaded with that map.So map is ok..after that removed the data and executed this. No result..

Its ok..Thanks lot for your explanation..i still will try..

Thanks & Best rgds.,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

I think the problem comes from your map file. On your example, you're refering to a file that is outside your repository. In fact when I use import manager I refer to a map file in a particular agency and it works.

So try this :

Agency=MDM

Map=test.map

Ensure you have import test.map in your agency MDM.

Anyway, you might watch in your importmanager directory the file "ImportManagerBat@@U@xxxxx@xxxxxx.xml", it is a usefull log file.

I suggest you to use only option /INI because there is a redundancy with your .ini file if you use the other option.

Regards,

Vianney.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ImportManagerBatch.exe /INI "C:\Conversion Files\TypesIMB.ini" /AGENCY "INBOUND_X" /MAP "Types" /LANGUAGE "English [US]"

My .ini file contained source and destination blocks just the way you have in your question. I did not have the block of code that you have under '[Batch Import Default Option]' in my ini file.

A couple of important things: (1) when you create your import map, in the configure options, select the default batch handling options of create/skip/replace - what do you do when no match, single exact match, etc.

(2) Save the import map before you do trial execution from import manager itself.

Try giving values of source and destination objects in the ini file itself, and see if works. Then, you can parameterize the source/destination values if you want.

Good luck!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savitri,

I've filled the .ini file with all the details. initially i tried to run this thru windows command line using "C:\Program Files\SAP MDM 5.5\Import Manager\ImportManagerBatch.exe" /INI "ImportBatch.ini".

It seems it is executing but no record is uploaded.

During this time the console and repository are started.

Is there any procedure to get this done?

With thanks and kind rgds.,

Srini