cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps in material forecast through material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear ALL ,

what are the steps for material forecast through forecast view in material master.

my client has a product groupwith material members. can I link the sop product group with forecast view of mat. master. I mean is it possiblethat through forecast view the material forecast values should get copied in product group planning. As i know that values gets coped in MD61 but I want that values to get copied to product group planning screen. is it possible to do that?

regards

Deepak Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not clear from your question that what is required

As I understood, you have material forecast data material numberwise,ot product groupwise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesh,

I mean to say that is it possible to use the forecast data in mat. master into product group planning transaction. one way is when I run MD61 , then there by pressing f9 i can copy the forecast data from mat. master,SOP result etc. But I want ,the forecast data in mat. master should be copied in product group members planning in mc81.

i hope now you are able to understand my issue. Please tell me if any mistake.

Regards

deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

It is possible if you go for flexible planning wherein the data is still received from material master, but can beb agregated to any level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear rajesh,

Thanks for your inputs but can you please tell me in all steps like from mat. master forecast view entry to till MD62 via SOP product group that what are the steps with t.code . Thanks for your support.

regards

deepak Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

In MC88, enter the material number and plant and select version

For that varsion copy sales plan from the followinbg menu

Edit >create sales plan>Forecast

Copy sales plan to ptoduction plan

Edit>create production plan>sycronous to sales

Hence repeate this for all the material

Then create a product group in MC84 and include all the materials for which you planned in the above step donot enter any %.

In MC76 Enter the product group, plant and version

Enter in the next screen

in the change rough cut plan screen

Edit-->micro

select agreegate production radio button and enter...you will get the data at product group level

I hope you are clear. please come back if required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesha,

Thanks for your help but when Im going into edit< create sales plan <forecast , then it is giving error" ERROR READING CONSUMPTION DATA" is there any setting to do?

Regards

Deepak Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

The horizon of the factory calendar for the

plants must not be shorter than the horizon of the factory calendar for info structure S076. During the weekly period, the horizon of the plant calendar must be longer than that of the factory calendar for information structure S076 since the beginning of the first week of a year takes place mostly in the previous year.

Maintain the factory calendar for the plants such that it at least

corresponds to the release period of the factory calendar of the

information structure.

Regards

Kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

check may be the data is not aviable for the given period or material master is not maintained with the required forcasting values...or consumption data is empty in materal master forcast view consumption vales(planned/unplanned)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesha,

I have checked in forecast view. There I found that in consumption values tab there are two option: total consumption and unplanned consumption.

When I see by clicking "total consumption tab then data is already there for the month of oct,sep,aug and july but not for nov & dec.

But when I click on "unplanned tab" then there is no data in unplanned column. Should i hv to put data in corrected value column? Please guide me.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

After Maintaining the Consumption Data ,you should execute the Forecast button.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

I hv already done that still it is giving the same error" ERROR READING CONSUMPTION DATA"

Is this linked with some info structure? Like use " historical data " something like that?

what is the diff between two tab in forcast view:

one is total consumption with corrected values column and other is unplanned consumption with corrected values column?

Regards

Deepak Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepak

plz check factory calende in info struture s076 and factory calender for plant.Both should be same.Plz check and revert back

thanks

kedar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem might be that you are trying to copy the Forecast data of Material to the Product group.

This is not linked with with info structure.

unplanned consumption means you have entered the values as 100kg for a month and the actual consumption was 120 kg ,system will automatically update 20 kg as unplanned consumption in the respective fiels total consumption with corrected values column and in unplanned consumption field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajesha,

Hw can we see the factory calender for S076 ? I still couldn't solve the problem. Please help.

Regards

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

gotu MC7F.Thr u can see the fact. calender

kk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to MC7F, and select the details of S076,in the bottom of the details,you could see factory calendar field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks KK ,

my problen got solved. Thankyou very much.

Answers (0)