cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem - Logging to portal with Custom Logon iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have created a custom Logon page(Iview out of PAR) with simple JSP with fileds user id as j_user and password j_password. In the action of the form i submit it to "/irj/portal". When the user id&password is correct it loggs in to the portal Correctly. but when the password is wrong it goes to the default Logon screen with the message 'user authentication failed'. Now i want to handle this in my custom logon page itself and donot want to show to the default page.

Now i need to validate the user id and password before submitting the form. how can i do this, has some one done this before. Can u please send me the sample project to yusufmdpk@yahoo.com.

Its Urgenty and Points will be awarded.

Thanks

Md. Yusuf

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prashil
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Md. Yusuf,

As per your scenario, i suggest rather than submitting the page you call a custom action an get userid and pwd authenticated from UME api.

If the user is authenticated then submit the page else show the same page with error message.

Hope this will guide you in right direction.

Regards,

Prashil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The problem was solved using PortalComponent using JSPDynpage, where i do the validate the user in a bean through the code.

public boolean checkuserid456 ( String sh1, String sh2 ) throws UMException

{

boolean bolval=false;

try {

String ssh1 = sh1;

String ssh2 = sh2;

IUserAccount ua = UMFactory.getUserAccountFactory().getUserAccountByLogonId(j_user);

final boolean passwordCorrect = ua.checkPassword(j_password);

bolval = passwordCorrect;

}

catch(Exception e){

}

If the value returened is true from the dynpage i direct it to success JSP else i go back to the same first JSP page.

Thanks

Yusuf