Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading files to KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through the link ,

/people/rohit.radhakrishnan/blog/2005/05/27/uploading-files-to-km-repository-using-webdynpro-apis

I have done the application similarly . It is not giving any errors . The file is also uploaded to KM . But when i goto portal KM and try to view the application ,

It is not displaying .

If I upload a word doc , when i try to view in KM , it is opening a dialog box, convert to , when i select word , it is display it is not right type...

similary for other type of files ,,,,it is giving some other erros..

Can any one suggest what extra i have to for that application.

Points will be immediately awarded.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! srinivasa,

you can also use Portal drive to upload your doc into portal KM.

For this you need to install Portal Driver client on your machine and the KM content will look as other drive on your system.

regards,

sahu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahu,

I dont want to give end-users access to KM. I am doing it programatically using webdynpro. So, files are getting uploaded, but are not opening properly. Its the same problem stated by srinivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I am also finding the same problem. Did you got any solution for it? Please let me know soon if you have any idea on it.

Thanks & Regards,

Udit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasa,

I guess the main problem is not setting the mime type correctly when using a line of code like this:

Content contentDoc = new Content(inDoc, "text/xml", -1L);

If you do not pass the correct mime type (here "text/xml" or in your case something like "application/ms-word") the file cannot be displayed within the Km view in portal.

Go System Admin -> System Config -> KM -> Content Management -> Utilities -> MIME Types -> to see your mime types.

regards,

Christian