cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt in SMART FORMS , data types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I have created a variable SLNO of type C with default value '0' in GLOBAL DATA. Then in a table , I have created a program line with commands : SLNO = SLNO + 1. No syntax errors are there . When I execute the report dump is coming stating that "Unable to interpret * as a number. This problem is not coming in DEV client , but in STG client.

Why is this variable taking * as default even I aassign 0(zero). And one more thing is, how can we debug SMART FORMs? Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

veerendra_nath2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi...

hope u have also declare the SLNO in the input and output parameters , where u wrote the code lines for SLNO... if not keep declare that.

And regarding the smartforms debugging, we have couple of ways to debug...

keeping the static break point is the last option if u dont have any other option.

Its is not good to keep the static break point.

the other way is setting the Dynamic break point just as we do for reports and all.

for this pick the smartforms generated function module and search by ur required variable... there u can keep the break-point. then u execute... u can find the difference and power of dynamic break-point.

and give me ur mail id... i ll try to send the document.

Nath...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I have opened that FM, but my output didn't get stopped anywhere even I put no. of break points in that FM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii

where u put ur break point's

the break-points which u keep in the program lines only works

regards

Jaipal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! I didn't put static break points bec'z, I have to check it in STG . I have put break points in the generated Func. module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii

u can put break-points without effecting ur STG

write like this BREAK <USERID>

REGARDS

JAI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

Where do I mention this line? In STG client it doesn't allow us to enter in change mode here.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Error says that it is unable to take the variable as a number .This is just because you can add number to a number but not number to a character . Change your varible to number type.

There are number of ways to debug.

one I follow is create a breakpoint in the data selection program (at where the FM of s'form is called )of the s'form before executing .

You can debug the FM of smartform in SE37 .

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hiii jaya

debug ur script

regards

Jaipal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii jaya

instead of CHAR take Numeric datatype

regards

Jaipal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaipal!

It's not script. SMART FORM. How can we debug SMART FORMS? I have to debug it in STG client. Please suggest how to debug SMART FORMS?

I have checked it taking integer variable. When I take integer , allignment is missing. The serial no. is printing slightly downwards.i.e.it's taking nearly a height of 2 lines to print integer value. That's why I have opted for character type variable.Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii

we can debug smartforms using

put static Break-point in code where u wrote

next when u take integer variable we need to use

condense the variable where u counting

hey jaya can i get ur Mail-ID

regards

Jaipal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, put ur ID. I'll send u reply now .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hiii

Jaipal.xi@gmail.com

cheers

Jaipal

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. use transaction SMARTFORM_TRACE

2. in the SMARTFORMS, use utilities to show the function name. You can analyze this function in SE37 and set dynamic breakpoints as required. Lok at the SMARTFORM_TRACE to decide where to set break points.

3. <b>BREAK-POINT</b> can be used only in own program lines in smartform - not very helpful because it always stops until removed and generated again.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

did u gt ur solution

reward points

regards

Jaipal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have swithced on trace. whenever I execute the Smartform one session is getting generated in trace. it's showing the details of windows but not showing my variables and my program lines. How to check?please suggest.