cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB13 - Update Sttats - activate the monitoring attribute for table

Former Member
0 Kudos

In DB13 I get this message:

BR0988W Bitmap index /BIC/FZCLCCAC11~07 selected for checking statistics - please activate the monitoring attribute for table SAPBP1./BIC/FZCLCCAC11

I kno wI can go into Oracle amd do this:

alter table "SAPBPP1"."/BIC/FZCLCCAC11~07" monitoring;

But isn't there a trns code in SAP where I can change this attribute?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following thread has the solution for you.

With regards

Sudha

Former Member
0 Kudos

My question is where is SAP (trans code) can you activate table monitoring.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

Table monitoring cannot be activated from one transaction, but you can unse brconnect.

Check note 628590 for information about this.

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

and if you already have Oracle 10g then the MONITORING attribute is gone.

http://www.oracle.com/technology/pub/articles/10gdba/week20_10gdba.html

==>

Many of these worries have been put to rest in 10g, in which statistics can be collected automatically. In Oracle9i, you could check if the data in a table had changed significantly by turning on the table monitoring option (ALTER TABLE ... MONITORING) and then checking the view DBA_TAB_MODIFICATIONS for those tables.

In 10g, the MONITORING statement is gone. Instead, statistics are collected automatically if the initialization parameter STATISTIC_LEVEL is set to TYPICAL or ALL. (The default value is TYPICAL, so automatic statistics gathering is enabled out of the box.)

==>

Regards

Stefan

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP environment it is recommended to turn off the automatic gathering of statistics. See note 838725 for a detailed explanation:

>

>As of Release 10g, Oracle database statistics can also manage completely automatically. This is implemented in the database as the DBMS_SCHEDULER job GATHER_STATS_JOB . However, this method is not yet supported in the SAP environment, and is therefore deactivated to avoid conflicts with the brconnect methods.

Also, The monitoring is NOT gone, it is activated by default on all tables and it cannot be deactivated. The keywords "MONITORING" and "NOMONITORING" are "deprecated", Oracle simply will not take them into consideration if used.

DBA(ALL)_TAB_MODIFICATIONS still exist and keep track of the changes.[img]http://www3.b92.net/ipb_images/style_emoticons/default/huh.gif[/img]

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Fidel,

you are right that is recommended to turn off the automatic gathering, but what i said is:

The command "ALTER TABLE ... MONITORING" is gone / noneffective with Oracle 10g - the data that is tracked/published in DBA_TAB_MODIFICATIONS is depending on the parameter STATISTICS_LEVEL.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14237/initparams210.htm#sthref856

>> Also, The monitoring is NOT gone, it is activated by default on all tables and it cannot be deactivated.

You can deactivate the monitoring by setting STATISTICS_LEVEL to BASIC.

Regards

Stefan

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Correct, my mistake, didn't pay attention to that point.

Nevertheless, in SAP the recommendation is to set it to "TYPICAL", and table changes will be tracked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check with your BW functional, I believe there is a checkbox he can activate in RSA1... I am not sure., though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BW person told me to do it on the Oracle level, which I do not believe is correct?

I looked at RSA1. I do not know wher eto chnage it in there??