cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP LOGON Failure during ABAP Database instance installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am installing Database instance for ABAP Stack of SAP Web AS. While Creation of MS SQL stored procedure a window, a window asking for DDIC password comes. On entering the default password, I get the following error

ERROR 2005-09-21 14:49:28

FRF-00007 Unable to open RFC connection.

I havent changed the DDIC during course of installation. How do I reset the password.

I am also not able to login to the SAP MMC using any password for any client.

Please let me know how to solve this issue. I have tried the default password ( 19920706 ) and also all the passwords I have given during the installation.

Does the password get locked if we try few times.

Regards

Raja Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Maybe you are having problems with network.

When you install webAS 640, sapinst asks you to change the default passwords of sap* and DDIC, check that the passwords used are the same entered in this phase.

The last resource is to stop the installation and restart the server, the "restart" method in windows machines never fails!

best regards

Javier Jimenez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Funny, I've got the same error but how can I - referred to the given solutions - type something in SAP GUI if it's not installed yet?? I did the central inst and the db inst and anytime afterwards I will install SAP GUI.

And it would also be a funny mistake if I had to set the password in big letters...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

It happened for me couple of times that I had to enter DDIC password as all letters in capitals to make it work,

You can also try the same trick,

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem with an installation I'm doing 11/28/2007. I entered the password in all capital letters like Mike suggested and that fixed the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logon using sapgui using sap* and change the ddic password.