cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting the format of a calender-GUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy,

I have an input-field, which is bound to an attribute of type date in a context. So when I want to edit the input-field there is a drop-down-calender, where I can choose a date.

But the format of the chosen date is dd/mm/yyyy (e.g. 10/06/2005). I want to set the format to dd.mm.yyyy (e.g. 10.06.2005) .

Further on a special desire is the format <weekday>, dd.mm.yyyy (e.g. Mo, 10.06.2005)

Can someone tell me, how I can set the fomat ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Create a simple type in your local dictionary of Built-in-type 'date'. In the representation tab for the simple type, you can specify the format as <b>dd.MM.yyyy</b>

Now create an attribute of that simpletype and bind that to the input field. This will display the date in the desired format. But, I don't think the format '<weekday>, dd.mm.yyyy' can be displayed using any inbuilt functionality.

Hope this helps,

Best regards,

Nibu.

Message was edited by: Nibu Wilson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy,

it sounds very good. So I have done so. But the result is still a format like "15/10/2005" ?!?

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hy,

something more. In the GUI I have taken an INPUT-field and mapped it to a context-attribute of a simple-type of the local-data-dictionairy. This simple-type has the buildt-in-type "date" and the representation format I want to have, 'dd.MM.yyyy'. When I start the application I get an Input-field, which I can open and get and calender. So I take a date in the calender. When the calender is closed the date is shown in the format 'dd/mm/yyyy'. Now I click the ok-button and get the error messgage that the date must be of the format 'dd.MM.yyyy'.

Wy is the date shown in the incorrect format when I choose a date in the calendar ?

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's a known bug/restriction with the date picker. Open an OSS message on component BC-WD-JAV-RUN.

Armin

Answers (0)